People and Culture Specialist
- Job Function
- Human Resources and Recruitment
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Digital-who? If you’ve never heard of us, it’s because we’re new!
Well, new-ish. DigitalEd is a spin off company from Maplesoft, a Waterloo-based mathematics company with 30 years of experience. Our focus is to create digital technology that enhances online STEM education. With the energy and excitement that feels like a startup and our 15-year presence in the education market, we’re poised to make a serious contribution to improving education worldwide.
If you want to make a difference and help improve the future of online education, come join our team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented People and Culture Specialist.
At DigitalEd, the People and Culture Specialist is the steward of our company’s culture, built on trust, respect, and curiosity. Your primary responsibility will be to drive engagement and champion our Core Values, while lending your positive energy and HR expertise to the team on all people-related matters, including recruitment, cultural branding, and policy administration.
Outcomes and Key Responsibilities
- Champion DigitalEd’s Core Values, and drive programs designed to boost happiness and engagement across the organization.
- Recruiting and Onboarding: Manage full-cycle recruitment, from identifying and addressing talent requirements to onboarding new hires, always looking to further improve the candidate journey.
- Programs, Policies and Processes: Administer and revise HR policies and programs based on a solid understanding of employment standards and laws.
- HR Administration: Administer DigitalEd’s performance measurement processes, vacation tracking, and group benefits. Record keeping and maintenance of employee files and other related documents.
- Plan and organize the company’s internal events and social calendar; manage and administer the company’s culture/events budget.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and compliance requirements, HR policies, and best practices.
- 5 years of experience in a Human Resources role, including recruitment, in a fast paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated diplomacy at all levels.
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent in a related field; working toward CHRP certification considered an asset.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, fast growth team-oriented environment and handle multiple projects and tasks, daily.