- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too. We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
We are currently seeking a Software Developer for our Connectivity team who is looking for an exciting opportunity to join our R&D team. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, reporting to the Chief Architect.
- Design and develop software for network transport and optimization in C++ (C++11 and boost), and Go (golang)
- Work with hardware and software team members on new product designs
- Generate new intellectual property for Dejero
- Work independently, in a fast-paced, agile, late start-up environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math or a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of software development industry experience
Demonstrated experience in
- Object-oriented design and implementation
- Standard software development methodologies
- Understanding of networking technologies and protocols including TCP, UDP, IP, and Ethernet frames
- Be passionate about developing high quality, robust software
- A strong believer in detailed code reviews and unit tests
Development experience with one or more of the following would be considered an asset
- Highly scalable, multi-threaded and asynchronous network socket applications
- Linux applications that use sockets and TLS
- Using tcpdump and Wireshark to analyze and debug network behaviour
- Linux iptables, routing, bridging, tun/tap devices
- Linux kernel (especially the networking portions)
- TCP congestion control algorithms
- Wireless broadband (EVDO, HSPA, LTE) modem APIs on Linux (AT commands, libqmi, MBIM, etc.)
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier-free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact People and Culture by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.