Virtek Vision International is a Canadian high technology company based in Waterloo. Virtek is a leading provider of laser and vision-based templating and inspection solutions. Virtek plays a dominant role in our markets and the major aerospace companies rely on us to create modern aircraft.
Virtek’s solutions support manufacturers world-wide in a variety of specialized industries to assist with assembly processes. Our solutions provide the ability to project a pattern of laser light onto a work surface or part with a high degree of accuracy, speed, and precision for applications such as composite ply layup, paint masking, placement of components or materials, to quality inspection and reverse engineering tasks.
As a member of the software team, you work closely with the product management, quality assurance, hardware, and R&D to ensure Virtek’s products are developed on time, to specification and of the required quality.
You’ll have daily interaction with software team members and quality assurance. You’ll frequently meet with product management, hardware and R&D during all phases of development.
You’ll have the opportunity to adopt the customer perspective on sophisticated laser- and vision-based templating and inspection solutions. You’ll deep-dive on technologies involving photogrammetry and CAD model manipulation, among others, to ensure we develop features that delight our customers.
• Create new features in partnership with product management and technical architects.
• Create specifications and technical feature descriptions.
• Work on sophisticated laser and vision projection systems relying on photogrammetry and galvanometer systems.
• Participate in peer review of new designs and implementation.
• Proactively recommend process and tool improvements that foster continuous improvement.
• Pragmatic in your approach when employing object-oriented methods and principles on real-world problems.
• Excellent analysis, problem solving skills and communication skills.
• Team player with experience working in Agile teams using Scrum.
• Versatile, flexible, and capable of contributing to all phases of development lifecycle.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results, especially during periods of high activity.
• Strong desire and ability to learn and share your learning with others.
• Demonstrable ability using object-oriented programming languages (C++/C#).
• Demonstrable understanding of Windows APIs.
• Demonstrable ability to work with managed and unmanaged code (C# and C++).
• Demonstrable ability using Visual Studio (.NET Framework with C#, WPF and C++).
• Demonstrable ability to apply Test Driven Development methodology.
• Experience with 3D CAD kernels and components (e.g., Spatial® ACIS, InterOp, HOOPS, OpenGL, DirectX) is an asset.
• Experience dealing with hardware components (understand schematics and incorporate hardware characteristics and constraints into implementation) is an asset.
• Database knowledge of MS SQL server is an asset.
• Knowledge of networking technology is an asset.
• Background in computer vision / robotics or calibration algorithms is an asset.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.