Director of Marketing
Our mission at ApplyBoard is to make quality education accessible to students around the world. Through our AI-powered platform, students from across the globe have access to the best institutions in Canada and the USA; allowing them to easily pursue their educational dreams. Our experts help streamline the application process from submission to enrollment and take care of all the details in between.
It's been three years since our founding, and we now have the largest user-base in the study abroad industry. We are backed by the most prestigious global venture capitalists in Silicon Valley, Toronto, and Beijing. Most recently we successfully raised $17 million in our Series A round!
We are a start-up built on diversity. Our team comprises of over 50% women, 10 nationalities and over 12 languages spoken!
Over the last 3 years, we have grown to 70 employees internationally, with team members in Canada, Vietnam, China, India, and Nepal.
We are looking for an experienced, creative and innovative Director of Marketing to join our growing Marketing Team and take our company and platform to the next level!
In this role:
- You’ll develop and manage an organizational marketing strategy (branding, communications, digital, PR etc.) in line with company objectives
- Work closely with Product and Development teams to support overall product/development objectives; defining market value propositions
- Identify and implement marketing and communications engagement strategies (industry promotional campaigns, analysts, media etc.)
- Develop and manage brand and corporate identity both internally and externally
- Establish, develop and manage digital, social media as well as direct marketing programs to drive awareness and lead generation
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing strategy implementation and execution
- Work closely with Sales to ensure objectives are met by providing appropriate tools, materials, and marketing programs, that support individual propositions
- Continuously monitor, measure and report on marketing performance goals (ROIs & KPIs)
- Provide cross-functional training to ensure propositions are presented accurately
- Oversee and deliver on, marketing budget
- Detailed-oriented, methodical, and well organized yet able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, managing multiple projects and deadlines in parallel with an ability to recognize and adjust priorities as required
- Analytical, with strong problem solving and negotiation skills; able to drive difficult decision-making processes to a conclusion
- A collaborative and proactive self-starter with a hunger to make a difference
- Knowledgeable in the study abroad industry
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a hands-on marketing role (SaaS environment experience considered an asset)
- 2 years’ experience managing a team of 10+
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing
- Successful track record in building trusting relationships with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Experience managing large budgets
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop, Microsoft Office, HootSuite, and Slack etc..
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer:
Besides having the opportunity to work with a brilliant and globally diverse team we also offer:
- Strong compensation packages with great benefits, to keep you healthy and happy!
- Generous vacations, which we encourage the use of because even the brightest of minds need to unplug sometimes!
- The opportunity to work in a post-revenue startup founded by UWaterloo Alumni and work on ApplyBoard's decision making technology used by hundreds of users every day!
- Not to mention the usual perks: the latest hardware, weekly lunches, and snacks!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.