- Downtown Kitchener, Ontario
- $50,000-$80,000 (equity: 0.01%-0.1%)
- Job Function
- Software Development, QA
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Our mission at ApplyBoard, is to make quality education accessible to students around the world. Through our AI-powered platform, students from around the world have access to the best institutions in North America; allowing them to easily pursue their educational dreams. Our experts help streamline the application process from submission to enrollment and take care of all the details in between.
Since our founding in 2015, we now have the largest user-base, in the study abroad educational industry. We are backed by the most prestigious global venture capitalists in Silicon Valley, Toronto, and Beijing. Most recently we successfully raised $17 million in our Series A round!
We are a start-up built on diversity, our team comprises of over 50% women, 10 nationalities and over 12 languages spoken!
Over the last 3 years, we have grown to 70 employees internationally, with team members in Canada, Vietnam, China, India, and Nepal.
We are looking for an experienced Software QA to join our growing team and take our platform to the next level!
In this role you’ll:
- Apply agile development principles to develop performance testing frameworks
- Create and implement test plans and functional tests for user stories
- Document and test code to ensure the quality of completed work requirements
- Perform full lifecycle testing, including integration, regression, and stress testing
- Identify, support, fix and update existing applications to improve efficiency
- Provide continuous QA feedback to the Engineering and Product teams
- Avoid cumbersome solutions through diligent research, experimentation, and testing
- 3+ years of experience in a Software QA role
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Proficiency in using Selenium, Capybara or similar automated testing systems
- Experience with manual and automated testing processes
- Attention to detail with a strong customer-centric approach
- Disciplined and thorough approach to problem-solving and troubleshooting issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter who is driven and self-directed
- Bonus: experience with scripting or general software development
What We Offer:
Besides having the opportunity to work with a brilliant and globally diverse team we also offer:
- Strong compensation packages with great benefits, to keep you healthy and happy!
- Generous vacations, which we encourage to use because even the brightest of minds need to unplug sometimes!
- The opportunity to work in a post-revenue startup founded by UWaterloo Alumni and work on ApplyBoard's decision making technology used by hundreds of users every day!
- Not to mention the usual perks: the latest hardware, weekly lunches, monthly team events, and snacks!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.