IMC (NOC) Representative
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a dynamic, growing organization? We are currently seeking an Incident Management Centre (NOC) Representative to join our team. The IMC (NOC) Representative will be responsible for the first response for global incident management. This includes monitoring of the environment, applying Descartes procedures and practices, maintaining documentation and providing first response support for internal and external incidents. The successful candidate will be required to work in a 24X7X365 environment, with the IT team, Product Expertise Support department and R&D.
- Oversee the global server, network and application monitoring systems (consisting of all servers, routers, switches, firewalls and related infrastructure, operating systems, applications and cloud environments such as Azure and AWS). Respond to and address system-generated alerts.
- Follow the Critical Incident and Escalation Management procedures to accurately coordinate, document and report on critical incidents.
- Work with the Incident, Problem and Change Management modules within our ticketing system.
- React quickly to incidents and follow documented knowledge articles or established procedures to restore normal operations.
- Perform windows patching in accordance with documentation and change processes.
- Answer phone calls coming in to the IMC and assist customers as required.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Run reports on key performance indicators.
- Create and maintain documentation for the IMC.
- Perform other duties as required.
- IT diploma or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and basic networking.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, such as SCOM, SolarWinds and Zabbix, is an asset.
- Basic Linux knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to learn new technologies in a dynamic IT environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency, coupled with strong decision-making skills to identify and resolve various levels of incidents.
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate with teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience with ITSM ticketing would be an asset.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts in 24/7 environment.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “IMC Representative” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process or would like a copy of this job posting in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-419-8495.