Reporting to the Senior Director, External Reporting, the Manager, Financial Reporting will assist in the preparation of the company’s financial reporting (consolidated financial statements and MD&A) and compliance with US GAAP. This individual will also be responsible for researching, developing and documenting technical accounting memos, and will play an active role in the internal control structure. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is independent, has strong communication skills and a focused attention to detail.
- Perform technical research on complex accounting issues, including revenue recognition and provide US GAAP accounting consultation advice to business partners.
- Contribute to the monthly/quarterly revenue closing process.
- Manage internal processes related to the new revenue recognition standard, including completion of new deal review checklists.
- Execute internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Participate in the year-end audit and quarterly reviews, including preparation of audited financial statements and supporting working papers.
- Support new systems implementations from a strategic finance/internal control perspective.
- University degree in business/finance/accounting.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation with Chartered Accountant (CA) focus.
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience, including public practice and working in/with publicly traded companies.
- Strong US GAAP knowledge and technical accounting skills as evidenced by excellent research and documentation supporting accounting positions.
- Experience with SAP is an asset.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Focused attention to detail.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Manager, Financial Reporting” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process or would like a copy of this job posting in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-419-8495.