Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Consumer Markets Technology Data Architecture role is a pivotal role to effectively architect customer centric business information, analytics, and data driven solutions that support the Consumer Markets business strategy and objectives. We are seeking an energetic, accomplished thought leader with a strong technology and data solution acumen.
- Define strategies and develop/deliver solutions and processes for managing enterprise-wide data throughout the data lifecycle from capture to processing to usage across all layers of the application architecture.
- Provide technical leadership to the application development group on the use of data integration architecture and use of Canonical data models.
- Assist in the development and implementation of various strategic initiatives around Meta Data Management, Master Data Management, Data Quality, Data Architecture Policies, Data Security, Standards and Governance.
- Participate in data architecture design and review processes, including planning and monitoring efforts, reviewing deliverables, and communicating to management.
- Engage in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models and artifacts for large complex operational systems employing deep system integration and SOA architectures.
- Interpret and deliver plans that specify strategy and improve data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of big data business initiatives and roadmaps to achieve results.
- Contribute to analysis, solution design, development and implementation of operational and data warehouse projects.
- Define data and analytics requirements to support and enable business strategies and priorities.
- Develop data standards, best practices, processes, and definitions of project and data requirements in support of strategy and ongoing operational support
- Mentor and coach a diverse team of data professionals.
- Successfully partner with Shared Services to leverage central design, standard blueprints and patterns.
- Implement Divisional IT vision and operating model within the Group Benefits solution architecture.
- Adhere to Global Information Risk Management policies and standards.
Key Leadership Behaviours
- Service oriented, execution focus, and collaborative.
- Be the thought leader with respect to the function driving innovation, identification and resolution of complex issues.
- Build relationships and create synergies across the organization to enable cost effective, innovative shared solutions.
- Understand the business strategy and how technology can “enable” it.
- Strategic thinker; assess alternatives for short and long term impacts.
- Drive continuous improvement (i.e. lower unit costs/improved service levels).
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change.
- Highly effective influence and negotiation skills.
- Maintain balance of confidence and approachability.
- 5 years of experience in data design, data architecture and data modelling (both transactional and data analytics).
- 5 years of experience in relational and dimensional data design and modelling in a large multi-platform data environment.
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural decision/recommendation to business needs
- Working knowledge in how to assess performance of data solutions, diagnose problems and familiar with industry standard tools
- Strong understanding of data structure classifications, workflow and data management best practices.
- Master Data Domain experience in one or more of the following data domains (e.g. Product, Customer, Client, Provider, Vendor)
- Industry experience in the financial services- banking/insurance
- 10+ years of progressive experience with enterprise scale business applications
- Mastery of data management design, delivery, techniques, and systems development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience managing the complexities of integrating new technologies and influencing individuals across businesses to achieve objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to provide updates to all levels
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.