Technical Release Manager
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Technical/Release Manager will serve a vital role across multiple service management and infrastructure departments, working with application development (solution delivery) teams, overseeing and managing technical and infrastructure aspects of development projects. Consults with cross functional IT project teams to determine and understand their needs, goals and objectives. Responsible for clarifying and translating these objectives into requirements and system design decisions.
- Identify, document and manage all environment buildout requirements for releases and when appropriate, assign ownership to team members
- Manage large and complex release activities including the facilitation of meetings, creating and publishing release schedules and coordinating implementation activities
- Identify and document infrastructure dependencies and ensure they are managed appropriately.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Ensure adherence to quality standards, establish guidelines as necessary
- Ensure proper release documentation is filed by associated groups in accordance with established guidelines
- Manage code/configuration reconciliation for business owned environments
- Develop and maintain infrastructure vendors/partner/customer relationships
- Manage activities between Release Management and the following functions: Change Management, Problem/Incident Management, and Projects’ Development Leads, QA/Testing.
- Ensure critical release related issues are resolved or assigned to appropriate groups for resolutionMake recommendations, and implement approved recommendations to improve process;
- Incorporate release automation and continuous integration tools for continuous delivery
- Manage release documentation and drive improvements to content and sites (e.g. SharePoint, MFConnect, team/project folders, etc.)
- Work with senior management to escalate release issues in a timely manner
- Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams
- Establish and deliver services within the framework of audit and compliance guidelines
- Develop team process and service documentation and present to interested parties
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Five or more years’ experience working directly on large scale IT projects including but not limited to Cloud based platforms; infrastructure architectural design; Oracle environment buildout; WebSphere setup and configuration.
- Three or more years in Release Management or related roles
- Strong technical and infrastructure background (O/S, Storage, Hardware, Cloud-computing, Networking and Firewall, DR)
- Experience developing service roadmaps
- Excellent knowledge of business units and their functions
- Proven ability to quickly and easily adapt to changes within the business and organization
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Assertive and confident, with a strong focus on customer experience
Key Challenges & Problems
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities at once
- Ability to exercise flexibility and judgment in a dynamic environment
- ·Keeps the big picture in focus while being detail-oriented
- Handle multiple competing tasks and priorities
Education/Knowledge/ Skills/ Competencies:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent IS experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with Project Management Practices
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Docker Container
- Knowledge of Oracle & SQL Database
- Knowledge of WebSphere Setup/Configuration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge with GIT & Code Branching Strategy
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile methodology
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.