Intermediate Business Systems Analyst
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We're not who you think we are.
What if I told you that Manulife, a financial company, has a supportive work environment with flexible hours, jeans, and work from home arrangements? What if I told you we're working towards modern tools and processes including Agile, Design thinking, DevOps and tools like Jira? What if I told you we are keen to innovate and we’re growing?
No, you couldn't possibly be talking about Manulife!
We're a large company that embraces diversity and hires loads of talented people, and we are going through a transformation to ensure we continue to evolve our great technology division - within our great financial company.
What Work Would I be Doing?
You will join forces with other smart people (leaders, business experts, and other IT professionals) to analyze a Business need, explore for the best technology solution, and help to make that solution a reality...all before a deadline hits. Then you start on the next challenge and do it again! If you thrive on this type of work - then we need your people-smarts and keen mind as an analyst on our Wealth IT team.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Using your analytical skills and critical thinking to understand our Business drivers and needs, and to bring order and precision to scope and requirements.
- Uncovering, analyzing, and facilitating the definition of solution requirements.
- Using a variety of requirements modeling techniques - such as data modeling, process mapping, use cases, decision tables and business rules – to convey information.
- Delivering documented solution requirements so that everyone has a clear and consistent understanding of the proposed solution.
- Using your excellent communication skills to lead meetings and present information.
- Infecting your team mates with your good humor and passion for your role!
Am I right for the job?
- The analysis profession isn’t new to you. You’ve spend three years or more growing your knowledge, skills and experience in this line of work.
- You learn fast. You pick up new ideas, concepts, technologies, and tools easily.
- You have an approachable style that just makes people want to work with you - and that helps build relationships between other people and groups.
- You “go with the flow” and can adapt to change.
- You successfully manage competing priorities and multi-task like a champion.
- You maintain your composure and best-self during challenging times or challenging interactions.
- You’re comfortable driving solution progress forward – even when your team doesn’t have all the answers yet. Dealing with the unknown and uncertain is no big deal for you.
- You’re a capable and innovative problem solver.
- You are familiar with different approaches for delivering projects – whether that is waterfall, agile or some creative blend of the two.
- You realize that the need to continue to learn and invest in your own development is a never-ending journey. And if you have professional accreditation in analysis, that’s even better!
- You don’t like to stand by when you notice that there’s something that could work better for your project, team, or Manulife. You want to improve things – and you do something about it!
- You know how to build successful relationships with your coworkers – whether they are sitting across the table from you - or across the globe. You mesh naturally in an environment with geographically and culturally diverse multi-functional teams.
- You already know a bit about insurance or investment products and the types of technology solutions that allow a Business to manage them.
- You never lose sight of the customer - their needs and their experience in doing business with us. You put the customer at the center of everything you do.
What about Perks?
Manulife has lots of perks including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Wearing jeans to work every single day
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements and distributed teams
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
So what’s next?
Send us a resume and cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work with us. We are looking for our next great team member – and we want to hear from you!
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.