Developer In Test, Mobile (12 Month Contract)
Are you passionate about product quality?
Do you take pride in successful software launches and love to see climbing app ratings on the products you have worked on?
If you love working with the latest technologies, are a quick learner, a great team player and a hands-on professional, then this is your chance to join The Weather Network QA team in our continued quest to provide excellence.
We are looking for a Developer in Test who will be working in an exciting, creative, agile environment with The Weather Network Development, QA, and Product teams. The candidate will work closely with the Mobile Application team developing and executing both manual and automated tests. A demonstrable iOS and/or Android OS, Swift, and Java knowledge is required, with preference given to those with previous experience writing iOS automation scripts.
You will leverage existing best practices when it comes to mobile testing and think outside the box when it comes to developing new tests. You understand and can discuss topics such as memory leaks, multi-tasking issues, crash reports, connection transition tests and other scenarios relevant to mobile application testing. You’re an all-star problem solver!
A day in the life of a Developer in Test, Mobile:
- Plan and design manual and automated tests beginning at the Software Design Phase.
- Review product requirements and design from a testing perspective.
- Establish test plan, test requirement matrix, test design/specification and test cases/charters.
- Test software builds, isolate bugs and document and track them in the bug repository.
- Provide guidance and assistance to junior QA team members in the execution of their testing assignments.
- Work with other functional departments (Development, Operations, Marketing).
- Keep track of progress on QA projects and generate status reports on a regular basis.
- Aid in planning, implementing test strategies and system improvements.
- Automate regression and load tests.
What we are looking for from YOU!
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of commercial software testing or development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing applications and/or automated testing scripts for iOS
- 2+ years hands on coding experience in Java/Swift
- Experience with Mobile Application testing and/or development experience in a fast paced, agile environment
- Demonstrated experience with iOS and/or Android OS test automation or development
- You must have a passion for using, testing and potentially developing mobile scripts or mobile applications
- You’re a creative thinker with a natural curiosity in approaching testing of the product to improvise and create effective exploratory tests
- Multi-tasking is right up your alley, and you have the ability to set priorities under tight deadlines
- You keep up with a positive and can-do attitude at work!
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with mobile application release processes
- Familiarity with Rapid Software Testing methodology would be considered an asset