Developer In Test
- The Weather Network
- Oakville, Ontario
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
As a Developer in Test you will bring hands-on contributions to mobile, web, and infrastructure test automation at the Weather Network. This is an important role for us!
You will provide hands-on DevOps support with our teams to automate the build-test-deploy life cycle for a wide variety of applications and services.
Why we are looking for YOU...
You are comfortable coding in Java, JS, Go, Swift, and/or C#. You will design tests, drive test implementation, execute regression and integration tests, analyze pass rate and feature coverage as well as work with core development teams to close defects as they arise. We are an agile organization; our teams regularly use pairing and mobbing techniques, giving you exposure to the full code base. You will work as part of a scrum team that brings together development, DevOps, QA, and product management.
What’s the Day to Day look like?
- Create quality automation frameworks to ensure software reliability and availability
- Asses automation frameworks and manual QA processes to identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions
- Implement CI/CD pipelines for new products
- Track quality assurance metrics across entire CI/CD pipeline
- Implement DevOps practices to existing software applications as needed
- Participate in code reviews to assure quality
- Report defects as they arise to product team
Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time.
This is what YOU have:
- 3+ years hands-on experience with automation frameworks developing UAT, functional, integration tests. 3+ years of Core OO language (ie Java) experience. (Design Patterns, OOP, etc)
- Demonstrable experience working with development tools supporting our effort to move to Continuous Deployment: GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, SonarQube, Confluence, Kubernetes, ISTIO, Rancher, Core OS, etc.
- Your GIT experience extends beyond ‘push/pull’. You should be comfortable handling merge conflicts and using commands like ‘cherry-pick’
- You feel at home on the Linux command line. Though you will not focus your efforts on bash scripting none of the following should make you uncomfortable: ‘vi’, ‘awk’, ‘sed’
- Demonstrable experience creating and designing tests using REST APIs
- Advocate of Test Driven Development
- Enjoys pairing and mobbing with the rest of the team to develop software
- Familiarity and understanding of Agile SDLC
- Complete comfort working with Atlassian toolset
- You are comfortable with a variety of test automation frameworks ‘pytest, ‘junit’, ‘xctest’, puppeteer, Selenium, etc.
- Please include your open source contributions on github.com, we would love to take a peek. Be sure to include your StackOverflow id, too!
But what really makes you stand out is...
- Experience testing microservices is a definite asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong multi-tasker, with the ability to set priorities under tight deadlines
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Creative thinking and natural curiosity in approaching testing of the product
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- The successful candidate should be energetic and enthusiastic and able to work with flexibility in a highly dynamic environment