Is truLOCAL Right For You?
We promise you haven’t worked with anyone like us before. truLOCAL is the answer for people who live busy lives yet still want to experience clean, high-end, locally sourced meat products. We are a downtown Kitchener startup located in the heart of the innovation district. Our young, energetic and ambitious team has a passion for high growth and has recently expanded to Alberta and British Columbia. At truLOCAL we are working towards a common goal: connecting health conscious consumers to local Ontario suppliers in order to give them a more convenient way to shop for meat. Our culture appeals to those who thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing, high growth startup. We are passionate individuals who will do whatever it takes to get the job done and thrive off making an immediate impact day to day.
CHECK US OUT ONLINE:
If you’re thinking “That’s ME!” – Keep Reading…
What We Are Looking For:
truLOCAL is looking for a talented Software Engineerwith an imagination, drive and passion for helping to develop code to solve challenging problems. Working out of our Kitchener office, our developer will be working directly with a remote dev team in St.Catherines. Our ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver with the desire to take a code from a concept to a completed project. This candidate will have the drive to tackle big challenges while learning and developing their skillset.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The roles and responsibilities of the Software Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Experience creating and modifying e-Commerce systems
- Work with infrastructure, management, and sales departments to provision virtual applications for new and existing customers
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and procedures
- Proactively identify opportunities for process and software improvements and make constructive suggestions for change
- Strong design sense and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Exceptional knowledge of PHP5 using popular frameworks (Laravel, Zend, or Symfony)
- Content Management Systems (WordPress preferred)
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Writing unit tests and e2e tests
- MySQL 5.x
- Working with AJAX calls
- Working with API integration (HTTP POST, REST, etc.)
- Thorough web development knowledge (e.g. OpenSSL, cURL, etc.)
- Strong comprehension of development and security practices.
- Able to convey and understand ideas with great communication skills.
- Responsive design
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google Analytics
- Mobile Design & Development
- Working in an Agile environment – Jira or TFS
- Windows systems
- SQL Server
- Bootstrap, Flexbox
Think you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you!
Apply today with your resume, and let us know why you’re a great fit for the position.