Senior Technical Support Specialist
The Senior Technical Support Specialist is an extension to eSentire’s Operation Security Operation Center by providing 7X24 on-call support for the operation of our security services that includes but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting the infrastructure and software services of eSentire’s security offerings
- Monitoring the health of the infrastructure supporting operation of eSentire’s security services
- Participating in ad-hoc support calls
- Analyzing and responding to software and infrastructure related issues
- Owning and triaging any operation issues
- Responsibility for completing Root Cause Analysis
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment and stays calm even in high pressure situation. They will work with data storage, data analytics and search technologies as well high-throughput data processing technologies, RESTful APIs and data pipeline micro-services running on Kubernetes platforms, or inside virtual machines on VMWare clusters.
You will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting infrastructure, networking services, and software services when outages or degraded functionality/performance in our systems are detected.
- Understanding and troubleshooting, logging and startup services within the Linux and VMWare environment
- Writing reports about the nature of incidents including root cause analysis.
- Identify issues and perform tests to identify and enumerate on steps to resolve any issues.
- Collaborate with System Administration, Networking and Software Development groups to allow effective and efficient long-term resolutions that mitigate or prevent future outages or incidents.
- Collaborate in the maintenance of a knowledge database containing information that is helpful with troubleshooting and operating our end-to-end security services.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing a knowledge base of run/play books for handling outages.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in high pressure situations and be able to resolve the issues collaboratively and calmly.
- A passion for learning different systems and an understanding of the complex interactions between those systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux (preferable Ubuntu) including bash scripting, using syslog and statd as well as daemon startup and monitoring (like upstart, initd, supervisord).
- Experience with the operation of NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearch and RDBMs like MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with the operation of messaging brokers or stream processors like RabbitMQ, or Apache Kafka.
- Understanding of the concepts of Linux containers, Dockers and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
Nice to have:
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal form.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills to diagnose technical issues.
- You are a go getter with a self-starter attitude.
- You love taking responsibility and making something your own.