The Test Specialist will join a skilled team devoted to providing excellence in software testing and validation, ensuring quality products and services are provided to our customers. Working closely with the Security Operations Centre and Development team, the position will be responsible for creating and executing test suites across our product portfolio.
You will work closely with developers in our agile development environment developing user stories and test strategies. You are tasked with the design, creation, maintenance, documentation, execution and reporting of automated and manual test suites. This includes feature, regression and system-level testing. In addition, you will also be responsible for investigating and reproducing field issues.
To be successful in this role:
Not only do you have experience creating test plans and documenting test results but you have shown your ability to execute functional, regression and system-level test cases. You have an innate ability to reproduce issues and have consistently shown that you can investigate issues to determine their root cause. You work well with developers and have become proficient with command-line Linux systems administration. You have a thorough understanding of Network and Application protocols and experience automation, security and performance testing is an important asset
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a quality assurance position with at least 2 years of those in a Networking and or Linux workplace.
- Basic understanding of server hardware
- Low level expertise in networking and networking setup
- Linux expertise (mid level)
- Bash/Python experience in automating basic testing tasks
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, Terraform, RabbitMQ
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience working with Virtual Machines (VMware, Oraclebox etc)
- Experience with infrastructure management and setup