eSentire is currently seeking a Senior DevOps Specialist to assist in our mission to optimise our complete software delivery pipeline. Additionally, you will manage our source code management system; ensuring industry-standard best-practices. This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about DevOps and has an automate everything mindset.
You will be responsible for:
- Configure and automate CI/CD environments, from build to deployment
- Assist in the evaluation, development and/or implementation of utilities or tools with supporting documentation, provide training and procedures
- Advocate and promote DevOps culture of communication, collaboration, and cooperation across teams
- Provide guidance for systems engineering, information security, development and release engineering best practices to facilitate the overall product development and deployment process
- Monitor Git repositories and ensure developer best-practices
- Perform software installations, upgrades and migrations as required.
- Automation of infrastructure and manual processes as needed
MUST HAVE qualifications
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands on DevOps experience
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving software and hardware related issues
- Experience using Agile / Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with Linux scripting languages (shell,python)
- Knowledge of Docker and container orchestrators (Docker Swarm/Kubernetes)
- Strong comfort in Jira / Confluence and other Atlassian application stack
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles
- Knowledge of CI/CD technology stack (Jenkins)
- Understanding of source control systems such as Git, Subversion, etc.
- On call availability for rotating evenings and weekends (defined and scheduled time period)
NICE TO HAVE Qualifications
- Experience in AWS technology and cloud technologies.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and supporting production, development and testing environments including container orchestration and management: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker.
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure security, cloud management, metrics & monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana), data storage and warehousing.
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $6 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements.
eSentire has been recognized in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™, Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers, and Gartner’s Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response. For more information, visit www.eSentire.com and follow @eSentire.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.