Teledyne DALSA Professional Imaging is part of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated and specializes in high-performance CCD, CMOS image sensors, and X-ray detectors. Teledyne DALSA’s image sensors and detectors are used worldwide in the most demanding medical and dental imaging, aerial photography, professional digital still cameras and machine vision applications. It is located in Eindhoven (The Netherlands), Santa Clara (CA, USA) and Waterloo (ON, Canada).
We are currently seeking a talented, well-seasoned and motivated individual to add software architecture expertise to the Scanning Products business line. As a successful candidate for this role, you thrive on creating innovative solutions to challenging technical problems; are driven, organized and detail oriented; constantly engaged in absorbing new knowledge; communicate with ease within a multi-disciplinary team, both local and remote, and are adept at removing roadblocks and facilitating action. You will use your skills and initiative in the development of novel, leading-edge imaging products and systems which are used to improve quality of life – applications such as quality/safety inspection of food, guiding surgical tools, or preserving our environment through autonomous recycling systems.
You will provide software system architecture skills to the development teams within Teledyne DALSA. Your projects will consistently push the limits of technology to increase performance, enable new applications, or achieve lower cost. You will ensure the successful and on-schedule launch of world-class products which meet stated quality, cost, schedule, and customer experience goals. Reporting to the Director of Scanning Products, your primary responsibilities will consist of the following:
• Architect, simulate and develop integrated systems for new product designs which meet stated performance, schedule, reliability, modularity and re-use objectives
• Prepare detailed functional and implementation specifications and verification documentation for manufacturing and engineering test systems
• Together with several direct reports, create and experimentally verify novel test systems for a variety of high speed CMOS imaging applications at frequencies up to 20GHz using visible, IR, UV, and SWIR illumination through optical and fiber media
• Champion the design, prototyping and commissioning of electro-optical systems used for wafer probe and optical sensor/camera calibration and evaluation
• Rationalize input from customers, vendors, peers and experienced team leads into focused and achievable objectives
• Contribute to the preparation, revision and reporting on project plans with the support of the project manager.
The team needs you to have experience leading a multi-disciplined and geographically diverse technical team. Familiarity with electro-optical products and test systems is a big plus. We expect you to be hands-on relying upon diagnostics, analytics, experimentation as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work multi-functionally with platform architecture, firmware/protocol development, QA and engineering teams to drive enhancement proposals and product optimization. You will be required to develop advanced system evaluation and debugging capabilities. If you have the desire to work on groundbreaking imaging technologies, then we are looking for you.
The ideal candidate quickly assimilates and integrates new knowledge, identifies key technologies and demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness, and can clearly communicate while deftly driving several projects across multiple teams. Our dynamic and multidisciplinary team provides opportunities to excel in an environment where non-conventional tools, techniques, ideas and thinking are welcomed
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Systems Engineering, or equivalent major
• Demonstrated ability to translate business and product requirements into a solid technical design.
• Ability to design system architectures that are robust, effective and extensible.
• Experience with Labview/TestStand, C/C++ and/or C#
• Experienced with manufacturing test automation and system level design architecture
• Conversant with schematics and mechanical drawings
• Strong verbal and written communication capability and demonstrated leadership skills
• Experience interfacing to SQL databases, database scheme design, and data modeling an asset.
• Familiar with Design of Experiments and optimizing manufacturing workflows to reduce cycle time.
• Experienced with Windows DLL development and windows driver interface
• Experience with advanced manufacturing systems & process control
Please quote file number DDITDL1217 and include references with your resume.