NPI Engineering Specialist
Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media.
An exciting opportunity exists within the Custom & High Performance Areascan business line in the role of New Product Introduction Engineering Specialist. As a New Product Introduction Engineering Specialist you will be critically involved in the transfer of complex DALSA products from the Product Development groups to Manufacturing, both the standard value stream and the custom value stream. This position will report to the Product Operations Manager.
We are looking for an engineer/scientist with a strong technical background and excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills. The successful candidate for this position will take a leadership role in the introduction of new sensor and camera products, helping scope project plans and leading process developments. The individual will work with engineering groups, production and other support departments to review and implement the necessary cost effective processes, procedures and controls to facilitate the transfer of new sensor and camera products to production by Manufacturing.
Responsibilities of the New Product Introduction Engineering Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Work with product designers to assess product manufacturability
- Identify and develop new processes and equipment
- Complete product yield analysis and margin analysis
- Document and present data and findings during the product introduction cycle
- Work with cross functional teams to address and refine test parameters and limits
- Facilitate the training of resources within Manufacturing to assemble, test and support new products
- Ensure introduction tasks are completed within the scheduled timeline and provide regular feedback to project and business line management
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related Science Discipline with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a high technology environment.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in project leadership/management. Knowledge and experience in statistics and data analysis, semiconductor device physics and/or imaging technology and applications are assets.
This is an 18 month contract, starting as soon as possible.
Please quote file number DDINPI0818 and include references with your resume.