- Waterloo, Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa
- Job Function
- Product Management
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
The Canadian Digital Service is a collective of creative people committed to using our digital skills and knowledge to make it easier to access and use government services.
Our growing multidisciplinary teams come from both inside and outside of government. We are focused on delivering better public services directly with government departments using the best technology and design, all informed by user needs.
We are transforming government. Our products will impact people's everyday lives. It's an exciting thing to be part of. And we need you.
Be part of delivering public good for Canadians
The role we’re looking to fill is a career-defining opportunity for someone passionate about using product management to transform public services as part of a world-class team of engineers, designers, and researchers who share a vision of better public services in Canada.
A few examples of ways in which our portfolio is already benefiting Canadian society:
- Helping veterans access benefits
- Improving the citizenship process
- Unlocking household energy data
The products you'll deliver will make government services faster, simpler and more reliable. You'll have the opportunity to collaborate and engage with users and teams across government. This work will be creative, rewarding, and high profile.
Provide product management leadership
As a product manager, you will help CDS and its partners through fulfilling responsibilities that include:
- Providing in-depth knowledge of the users’ needs and championing these in the delivery of your products and the services you support
- Planning and coordinating delivery across multiple product teams
- Building trust with our government partners and developing their understanding of the benefits of user-centred service design and delivery
- Assembling, analyzing and prioritizing a range of qualitative and quantitative information to help teams solve problems and ship value to users as early as possible
- Setting measurable goals for your products and reporting against these to demonstrate progress and build trust amongst users and partners
- Communicating the benefits of the products and sharing the experience of delivery to get organizational buy in and build the capability of others
We will work out the exact thing you'll be working on based on your skills, experience and career goals.
Contribute your skills and experience
We expect you to be able to demonstrate the following essential capabilities:
- Creativity and passion for problem-solving through the use of quantitative and qualitative data about users, services and technology
- Track record of developing business cases and delivery plans for products that have had significant reach and impact
- Experience of leading the development, release and continuous improvement of digital products through different stages of delivery
- Proficiency in agile product management techniques, such as writing user stories, prioritizing backlogs, developing roadmaps, and reporting against success metrics
- Ability to coordinate and motivate multiple teams of developers, designers, and researchers, with experience of having worked in similar roles and teams previously
- Capability to communicate persuasively through a variety channels - such as conferences, blog posts and product demos - with a range of audiences
- Habits of being organized, taking action, learning through doing and helping others to achieve their goals.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. Our ability to deliver better public services can only be realized if we can recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.
Find reward and satisfaction in public service
Joining CDS and the Government of Canada, you can have access to some great benefits including:
- Opportunity to do exciting, meaningful work as part of a start-up in government
- Competitive salary
- Access to range of government employee benefits, including health insurance and pension
- Flexible work arrangements that support good work-life balance
- Use of the latest hardware, software and equipment to help you get your job done
- Comfortable new offices in the heart of the capital city, with remote working an option
- Diverse group of colleagues who are committed to providing a nurturing, and supportive working environment.
- Our roles are open to people from anywhere in Canada and other countries, with remote working and relocation support options available.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please email us with ‘Product Manager’ in the subject line, include a copy of your resume, a statement on how you meet our criteria and links to a few examples of things you have worked on that are relevant to the role.