Senior Software Engineer
- $90K - $120K Base Salary + Performance Bonus
- Job Function
- Design & UX, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 100,000 - 119,999
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we develop and we want you to be part of it! We are growing our Technology, Architecture & Engineering Transformation Office, with the mandate to power world-class customer and employee experiences through software and engineering skills.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking self-motivated engineers, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver. Our current opportunities are available in Montreal, Toronto, and Kitchener/Waterloo.
As a Senior Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, architects, and operations engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through software
- Guide the development of engineering staff within your team and other areas within Manulife.
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers, through the delivery of products and services with strong and extendable architectural design
- Maintain and support these services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- Developing junior engineers and a passion for growing staff within the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Understanding of the fundamentals of capital markets or financial services in support of our service or product offerings (or are ready to learn by doing!)
Last year Manulife / John Hancock spent over $1 billion on technology. You will be working with:
- Cloud Foundry and other components supporting a highly-automated global engineering platform
- Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
Recruiting for engineers excited to contribute on differentiated technology products in the following domains:
- Driving effective decision-making and efficient operations by transforming data into actionable insights
- Delivering exceptional experiences across all digital touchpoints that drive value for a global brand
- Enabling new quantitative investment strategies and sources of alpha return
- Expanding the usage of proprietary hedging strategies
- Enabling productive and engaged employees globally
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!