Intermediate Application Developer
- $70K to $85K Base salary plus Performance Bonus
- Job Function
- Engineering, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 80,000 - 99,000
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
We couldn’t be prouder of the talented people who have chosen to work at Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife/John Hancock has unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed.
Does change excite you? Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we develop and we want you to be part of it! We are growing our Wealth Management Technology team, with the mandate to power world-class customer and employee experiences through software and engineering skills.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to tackle critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experience Application Developer to join our Technology team delivering Technical and Operational Solutions on a regular full-time basis.
As part of the Technology Development team, you will work with various members of a project team to deliver high quality technical solutions that support our Business’s objectives and follows Manulife’s project methodologies and architecture principles. The Technical Solutions Development team is responsible for implementing new technical solutions, applications and major changes to our existing systems.
Your responsibilities will include assisting with developing solutions on projects and assignments. You will participate in ensuring work you're doing is produced on time, within budget and quality targets. Good communication skills will be required to work with business and systems personnel to effectively understand business requirements and to develop solutions.
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Experimenting with new technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Good technical and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical possibilities.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of investment products, securities and/or financial services in support of our service or product offerings (or are ready to learn by doing!)
Last year Manulife / John Hancock spent over $1 billion on technology.
Additional knowledge required with:
- Intellij IDEA or Eclipse IDE
- Spring Boot and Node.JS framework
- Git or GitLab
- Concourse CI
- Strongloop (API)
- MongoDB (database)
- MySQL database
- Familiar with some unix/linux scripting - Concourse CI in build and deployment scripts.
If you are someone who:
Displays strong “We Work as One” behaviours; has excellent collaboration skills. Works easily and successfully with all types of project peers and teammates. Shows adept understanding of social awareness and relationship management.
Displays intrinsic work towards “Question and Innovate”. Looks for ways to improve service delivery and is comfortable with supporting calculated risk on project delivery. Adaptable and willing to accept new challenges and seek new ways of doing things.
Displays ownership and accountability not only on the tasks and assignments that they work on, but in way that they deliver to their responsibilities. Shows “We Own Our Future” behaviours.
Then we are eager to speak with you!