Software Engineer - Algorithims & Optimization
Software Engineer – Algorithms & Optimization
What we’re hoping you will achieve… (circa 2020) two years from now.
Your potential story, two years from now……. We’d like to thank you for your contributions in advancing the state of urban transportation. Due to your research and development efforts our ‘dynamic shuttle’ platform now handles more complex operational constraints, new usage scenarios, and converges to an optimal state with 5x faster real-time performance. These results accelerated the adoption of our cloud software platform with fleet operators and public transit agencies worldwide. Passengers now wait less, walk less, make fewer transfers, get to their destinations quicker, and live happier lives. Here are some of your contributions as a member of our research and development team:
- Applied your knowledge of algorithms to research and solve complex multi-passenger time-constrained vehicle routing problems at large scale, for real-time performance
- Contributed to platform architecture design including problem space partitioning, caching mechanisms, micro-services, distributed computing framework, and business rules logic engine
- Enhanced the platform’s mapping engine to facilitate thousands of routing calculations in seconds with real-time traffic data for different vehicle types and road constraints
- Analyzed ridership data and developed supply positioning algorithms that utilize demand prediction, machine learning, and fleet specific operational constraints
- Implemented efficient algorithm design in a parallelized fashion that halved the hardware consumption per unit of work
- Helped invent new solutions to fleet partners’ operational problems by collaboratively working with product managers, co-developers and customers in rapid iteration cycles to test/refine ideas and prototypes. You then championed the solution through all stages of the software development cycle, from concept, design, development, launch, post-launch performance measurement and fine tuning.
- You went beyond the “minimum required” and advanced your multi-disciplinary knowledge including optimization algorithms, hardware accelerated implementations and machine learning. You shared your knowledge with the development team, thus catalyzing process/technology changes that helped them be more effective in their careers.
We can’t wait until 2020. Now Back to Today. If you’d like this story to be yours, apply now.
Who we are
RideCo is a tech startup. Fleet operators and public transit agencies in North America and Asia use RideCo’s cloud based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses, vans and cars.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with public buses and switched to driving a car? What about dynamically splitting the cost of a taxi ride with others going the same way? Have you seen buses drive around in residential areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You’re likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This ‘dynamic shuttle’ (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo’s ‘dynamic shuttle’ platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
While there are many companies attempting to commercialize dynamic transportation solutions, RideCo is the only company that offers a solution that works in real-time at large scale across a mixed fleet of vehicles from buses to sedans in both high-density and low-density urban environments. This unique solution is based on patent-pending logistics technology developed over years of research by our engineering team.
RideCo’s early adopter customers include regional transit agencies as well as multi-national private fleet operators in North America and Asia. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
- Software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software development, preferably with high performance algorithms or data intensive applications.
- Specialized knowledge.
Seeking candidates with expertise in two or more of the following:
- Combinatorics or Optimization
- Vehicle routing
- Machine Learning
- Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Open Street Maps or equivalent
- Hadoop / distributed computing / internet scale architectures
- GPGPU or hardware accelerated algorithm implementation
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
Competitive base salary + stock options
Email your resume (or link to your LinkedIn profile) and cover letter to:
Email Subject: “Software Engineer – Algorithms & Optimization”
In your cover letter or email, please write a few sentences describing your experience relating to the “Specialized knowledge” section of the requirements.
More search results
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer – Imaging S…
Huron Technologies International Inc.
Marketing and Lead Generation Manager
Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company)
Front End Angular Security Builder Extraordinaire