Senior Hardware Engineer
A highly experienced engineer with expertise in designing complex mixed-signal hardware systems. You are motivated to draw upon your years of experience to architect innovative hardware to tackle some of the most sophisticated challenges in the display industry. You have a passion for hardware and system design, assume ownership and responsibility for your work, and stay on top of all the latest internal and industry-wide developments. You prosper in collaborative team environments and embrace opportunities to contribute to the technology.
At VueReal, a team of radical scientists and engineers have come together to revolutionize the display industry. We constantly challenge each other to explore new possibilities, encourage profound thinking, and eagerly push perfection to the shame. We advocate a healthy work-life balance and promote learning opportunities in a flexible work environment.
VueReal is a multidisciplinary company focusing on developing new technology platform based on the interplay of micro/nano-device processing, integration technologies, and advanced system design (hardware and software) to create new electronic system platforms. Applications include flexible uLED display and touch panels for mobile, wearable, IT, TV, automotive, and lighting markets.
VueReal's technology enables low-cost, high-volume, and high-yield integration of microdevices into large area back-planes. A display panel with such technology offers unsurpassed image quality by providing full gamut and sharp colours, true HDR, low-power, and long lifetime which makes it a powerful competitor to the existing LCD and AMOLED display technologies.
You Are Expected to:
- Collaborate with R&D, Mechanical, Display, FPGA, and Firmware teams to capture hardware requirements and translate into most efficient hardware architecture design.
- Design, simulation, prototype, and test of state-of-the-art Analog and Digital hardware to facilitate engineering samples, reliability, characterization, instrumentation systems.
- Design, implement and debug advanced hardware systems for video processing including video interfaces, FPGAs, high-speed LVDS links, DDR memory buses, flash memories, Ethernet, and USB links.
- Design, Implement and Verify compact Power Management solutions including DC-DC Converters, Linear Regulators, and Low-Noise Power Supplies.
- Integrate Legacy designs into compact, mass-production ready hardware.
- Lab bring-up and verification of hardware systems.
- Analysis of existing systems to identify design strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify areas for hardware improvement based on the test, performance analysis, and feedback from other internal groups or customers.
- Plan roadmaps for future hardware design improvements
- Research, analyze, and document new technologies which may be relevant to future products.
- Generate specifications and verification strategies for new components.
- Work with vendors for component selection and further functional/hardware integration in future hardware generations.
- Design and document test plans for upcoming hardware & system verifications.
- Develop advanced modelling and proof-of-concept prototypes of future designs to facilitate cross-functional co-design.
- Assist and collaborate with cross-functional internal teams to plan for next-generation technologies.
- 5+ Years of Proven Track Record of successful hardware design and verification of complex systems including ADC/DAC, Low-Noise Analog signal processing, FPGAs, High-Speed LVDS, DDR3 Bus, HDMI/Display-Port/Vx1 Video Interfaces, Flash Memory, Ethernet, and USB bus.
- Expert in high-speed, mixed-signal, complex PCB design and test including mastery in schematic design and capture, simulation, and PCB layout in at least one major commercial CAD tool, e.g. PADS, Altium, OrCAD, Allegro, …
- Professional in lab-bench hardware bring-up and system verification (digital, analogue, and test equipment including High-Speed Mixed-Signal Oscilloscope, Precision SMU, Function and Pattern Generators, Vector Network Analyzer).
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills: the candidate must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with internal teams and with prospective customers/vendors.
Your Extra Assets:
- Experience in HDL design and FPGA implementation
- Experience in Active-Matrix and Emissive Displays
- Experience with DFM, DFT, MP, and Yield Considerations & Analysis
VueReal is enabling the next paradigm shift in the electronic system by providing a bridge between nano/microdevices and large-area electronics platforms (e.g. displays, sensors, system on panel, and more...). We have started by making the true-life experience of Micro-LED displays affordable for all applications (TV, laptop, smartphone, virtual reality, and augmented reality). Micro-LED integration into display substrate can offer up to ten times power saving, significant performance enhancement (higher brightness, colour purity, and high contrast ratio), versatile functionality and different form factors (flexible system), and more reliability compared to OLED and other display technologies. These displays are now achievable and affordable by VueReal’s highly efficient micro-LEDs and its integration technology for transferring millions of micro-LEDs into the displays at high throughput, high yield, and low cost. Recently, we released the news for our development of a 4K micro-LED display array at over 6000 ppi achieving the highest PPI emissive display in the industry.
From device fabrication to integrated-circuits, hardware, software and system design, the VueReal team carries an extensive experience of what it takes to makeover the display industry.
VueReal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without discrimination in regard to any condition or characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulation. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please refer to www.vuereal.com for contact information.