- Kitchener, Ontario
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Senior Software Developer
Location: Kitchener, or London, Ontario
Why you'll love to work here:
- Join a startup that’s not a startup – Want to be part of a small and tightknit team in a casual, fun environment? Want to be challenged and see how your work advances the product and helps customers? Don’t want to worry about if anyone actually wants the product or if the next round of funding is going to cover your paycheck? We’ve got a kick-ass product, team and are rapidly growing organically with 100+ Fortune 1000 customers.
- Cool products, great tech – Payments is transforming, and we are at the center of it – how we buy online, digital wallets, and alternative payments. We build cloud-based solutions to help our customers be at the forefront of e-payments with easy integration and total security.
- Love where you work – We’re in the heart of Kitchener in a modern, open space. Sit or stand at your desk, and work with the newest hardware. Have a breakout session in our lounge area. Check out the values we live by and why our team loves being at Delego.
What you'll do:
This is a full stack developer position where you will have the opportunity to work on everything from web based front ends to back end services hosted in the cloud, along with integrations to leading ERP systems and payment processing gateways.
The main technologies we are developing in are Java, Java EE and Angular 4 for deployment to an AWS cloud environment.
As a member of our product team, you'll work independently and with others to design, develop and deliver features that set us apart from the competition.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- The design, development, unit testing and documentation of key features that will evolve our product offering
- Collaborating with other team members on the scoping and sizing of proposed product changes
- Developing and delivering patches to support our existing customer installations and working to address bugs as they arise
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a smart, self-motivated, success-oriented individual to join our growing team of professionals.
You've worked in a software development role for over 2 years and you know what it takes to deliver an enterprise class product that meets your customer's needs on time and with high quality.
You're an excellent problem solver who knows how to manage your time and prioritize your work and you enjoy working with others to develop solutions that meet or exceed requirements.
Specifically, the ideal candidate should have:
- 2+ years of Java/Java EE development experience
- Experience building user interfaces with HTML5 and Angular4
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP
- Experience designing, building and deploying to the cloud and AWS in particular
- Practical knowledge and experience with Git/Gerrit and Jenkins
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering/Computer Engineering or related degree
Bonus points for the following:
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge and/or experience working with SAP
Do you have some but not all of these qualifications? Talk to us anyway! We are always looking for smart people who can learn quickly and grow into a role.