About the Job
It isn’t often that a company internally invests in a truly altering development effort. At ODI the Advanced Development Program (ADP) is finding new ways to automate our production line. Our global production facilities servicing the automotive industry are thirsty for innovation in the form of automation. We are scaling our team to introduce state of the art technology to practical applications. The Product Manager translates customer and high level market requirements coupled with business analysis to technical requirements and development strategy. A navigator and herder, the Product Manager makes sure the team is rowing in the right direction. This position reports to the VP of Technology, VP of Finance, and company President.
You want to work for an established company that recognizes the virtue of automation and autonomy. You are driven, calm, and would never have a half done project bear your name. You are motivated by making an impact on the technological and commercial trajectory of the company you work for. You eat complex problems for breakfast and your dessert is documentation.
- Navigate engineering and product development efforts in the direction best suited to fulfill user expectations and production requirements.
- Create and execute on yearly and quarterly product roadmaps that prioritize our development resources towards the company’s long range product suite goals.
- Manage the entire product strategy and lifecycle from concept to end of life - Leverage lean startup and agile development to quickly iterate.
- Work with Operations and Production team to translate design outputs into procedures, testing methods and quality control release criteria for scaled production.
- Lead Design Control activities and assist in the design and documentation for developing products.
- Plan and monitor design verification and validation test plans as required.
- Plan and ensure compliance to key deliverables.
- Plan and manage budget, personnel and equipment requirements.
- Manage project planning and project tracking through a NPD/NPI model for selected products.
- Participate in shaping company strategy.
- Facilitate evaluation of technological solutions and vendor partnerships best suited for ODI's product strategy.
You will stay up to date on recent developments in perception algorithms, sensing technology and basic control methodologies. You should be familiar with common open-source middleware and libraries like OpenCV and PCL. You'll work to evaluate and implement robust perception and control algorithms together with the rest of the ADP team. Additionally, you'll devise improvements for our other product offerings.
- Graduate degree in engineering or computer science, with specialization in either algorithm design, perception, image processing or robotics
- 5+ years experience working with robotics and/or industrial automation (including internships and research assistance)
- Good understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems
- Proven track record of internal motivation to impact the organization without direction from upper management
- Ability to independently develop technical requirements, system architecture plans, including timelines and test procedures
- Experience with data analysis tools and software
- Excellent teamwork/communication skills
Sounds like the right role for you?
Please submit cover letter along with your resume to the email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Product Manager” in the subject (submissions directly through the WorkInTech portal will also be accepted). We encourage you to provide supporting documentation, including testimonials, conference papers, journal articles, source code, portfolio media, references, or other indications of exceptional past work. This is a permanent, full-time position with benefits.