HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner, acts as an internal consultant and HR resource for senior leadership and their teams, as well as responding proactively to the unique needs that business function and its region. Providing proactive HR consulting services in all areas of workforce planning including talent management, Employee Relations, Organizational Design and Restructuring as well as Employee Engagement and People Manager/Leadership development. Additionally this includes the identification and resolution of critical issues for the client groups and the implementation of HR policies and practices that align to global HR strategic objectives.
In support of their internal clients, the HR Business Partner will work collaboratively with HR Centre of Expertise (Total Rewards, HR Operations and Organizational Effectiveness) as well as their Talent Acquisition partners, to ensure timely delivery of business solutions within the framework of the global HR strategy. The HRBP team seeks to add value to discussions with business leaders, making compelling business cases for HR initiatives and offer insights and analysis to the business to aid effective decision making, while also supporting the flawless execution of HR management processes and tools.
You are great at:
• Partnering with leadership teams to understand key business priorities and HR implications
• Collaborating with team members and HR COE partners to define and oversee workforce planning activities
• Applying strategic focus and spends approx. 30% of time on strategic issues such as talent planning, talent management, employee engagement and organizational design efforts. Leads the business through the delivery of key programs in support of strategic goals
• Overseeing and managing all LOB HRBP support from planning to execution
• Communicating business initiatives and talent related priorities to the extended HR team
• Communicating HR priorities and goals with leaders to ensure an effective partnership
• Supporting senior leaders in initiatives such as comp planning, leadership development, employee communications, organizational design, change management and performance management
• Understanding overall LOB metrics, what they mean, and present to leaders to enable decisions and drive change
• Partnering with leaders on M&A integration planning
What it takes:
• 8+ Years of Human Resource experience in a HR Business Partner or HR Generalist capacity
• Customer focused with proven relationship building strengths and solid experience developing workforce plans based on business goals
• Strong business acumen, evidencing the use of insights in the business environment to improve talent and business outcomes
• Strong analytic capability to identify and diagnose pressing business challenges, uncover insights to enhance decision making and can align organizational strategy to talent decisions
• Strong financial acumen, competent in understanding financial statements and the overall financial health of OpenText. To be confident to interpret financial metrics and calculate the financial impact of HR decisions. To be capable in building the economics of an HR business case
• Strong stakeholder credibility and network. To be influential in optimizing stakeholder collaboration. To have an ability to present powerful presentations that drive stakeholders to action and be thoughtful in overcoming objections and secure stakeholder agreement to HR recommendations
• Comfort and ability to thrive in a high-change, fasted paced environment
• University degree, preferably in business/Human Resources, or equivalent combination of education/experience
• Can be based in Waterloo, ON, Canada or Richmond Hill, ON, Canada
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.