- Aterica Inc.
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Job Function
- Design & UX, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Do you love driving user experiences and creating beautiful interfaces that solve complex user problems!? Do you love providing cutting-edge and lifesaving technology to end users? Then Aterica is looking for you!
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starting UX/UI/Product Designer that wants to see their designs impact the lives of millions of people daily. Someone who can thrive in a multi-disciplinary, Startup environment to design our interactive, life-saving, mobile application at the intersection of IoT, Health, and Biotechnology.
Does this sound like you or someone you know?
- 3+ years work experience (or equivalent education) in a mobile UX/UI/Product Design position
- Proficiency with modern high-fidelity design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop or equivalents
- Proficiency with modern low-fidelity design tools like Balsamiq, InVision, Marvel or equivalents
- Demonstrated experience building, maintaining and iterating on user interfaces, UX workflows and low to high fidelity prototypes
- Comfortable with taking primary responsibility for Aterica’s user experience
- Experience using user research and user feedback to iterate on interfaces and workflows
- A strong communicator who contributes meaningfully to the team
- Comfortable collaborating and presenting in front of a group
- A portfolio of work that highlights User Centred Design thinking
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with IoT products
- Experience working on the design of both physical digital products, and the connections between them
- Experience working in a Startup environment
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- A keen interest in the health-tech space!
- Creating and supporting the user experience workflow for products
- Creating and supporting the user interface of the mobile app and supporting digital products
- Iterating designs based on user research
- Sharing design work with the team
- Building out experiences that match the user journey
- Working in an Agile environment with a focus on shipping high-quality user experiences
- Being the advocate for the end user throughout the company!
Why Work for Aterica?
- We are a team of highly motivated individuals who want to make a difference in our end users lives. You will get to be a part of a team that is bringing peace of mind and lifesaving technology to those who need it!
- This role offers a considerable amount of responsibility. You will be responsible for all user interactions for our end users and have the ability to make a large impact!
- As our team grows rapidly, there will be opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary, stock options and benefits package
- Catered Friday lunches!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Only residents within commuting distance of Waterloo, Ontario please.