- Downtown Kitchener.
- Job Function
- Engineering, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
What you’ll do
We’re looking for Software Developers to join our re-envisioned Data team. Sortable is sitting on a massive volume of data, and we want to unlock the potential to add value for our clients. We want developers who are excited to dive in to this potential and create new algorithms and machine learning tools that can untap powerful features for our product and separate us from our competitors. Did we say separate? More like leave them in the dust.
Requirements/what it takes
First and foremost, we want strong developers. Don’t work in our specific tech stack? That’s ok. Just show us how you continue to get things done, smartly and effectively. Here are the qualities we look for in everyone at Sortable:
- Confidence without ego: we get difficult things done in a fast paced world by bringing our ideas forward and having others challenge our assumptions. Sometimes our ideas get challenged, but that’s where excellence happens
- Problem solving: ad-tech is hard; unlocking untapped potential within our data is even harder. We need people who can uncover solutions and make things happen
- Passionate: we want those who get inspired by the work they do. We want those whose passion inspires others. Tell us why you got into this field. Why does this role interest you?
Bonus points and nice to have qualities
We’re building out our Data team. You want your application to stand out from the rest? First, show us you’ve got the above qualities. Second, start showing us some (or all, if you happen to be a unicorn) of the following:
- Experience working with cloud (Google, AWS, Azure)
- Experience working in Linux
- Experience in Data Science
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working in machine learning development
What do we offer you?
You’ll have the opportunity to make things happen at Sortable. We’re proud to be recognized with accolades for our company growth (Deloitte Fast50/Fast500, PROFIT 500) and workplace culture (Digiday WorkLife, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers). Not bad for a company that started as four engineers in 2011.
Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers—and we need you to get there. We help publishers and revenue operations teams optimize yield. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and work hard to make it a reality.
How to succeed at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and the nice stuff!
We make sure you’re able to come in and do amazing work. In addition to unlimited snacks (a nod to our startup beginnings), you’ll get perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- Catered lunches and a stocked fridge to keep you full and focused
- Equity in Sortable so you have stake in the company and decisions
- Life @ Sortable initiatives like volunteer hours, learning credits, and fitness credits to invest in your well-being
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, solar eclipse viewing parties, beach dress up days, fitness challenges, talent shows, team sports and clubs. Because we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see every day.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we're dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in confidence.