Intermediate Database Administrator - Oracle & Postgres
- Texada Software
- Guelph, On
- Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
- Job Function
- Research & Development, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Intermediate Database Administrator
About Texada Software
Texada Software is building a different type of company to better service the Rental Asset Management & Field Service companies across North America, Australia and New Zealand. Our mission is to provide a seamless combination of technology and equipment that empowers users to help build a better universe.
We are a small but rapidly growing company consisting of a group of bright and passionate people who are looking to dramatically change and improve the nature of the construction industry. We pride ourselves on thinking and acting differently.
We offer a small, diverse working environment with positive cultural values and are looking for candidates that have a similar growth mindset. If you are looking for an excellent place to start your career with plenty of challenges then reach out to us.
About the Role
A DBA at Texada is responsible for (but not limited to) assisting with data migrations, customer upgrades, the SaaS Database environment, and administering the Disaster Recovery Plan. Fluency with Oracle, Linux, Python and other scripting languages is necessary, familiarity with MSSQL, Postgres or other open source databases is a bonus.
- Troubleshooting Customer issues within the application and providing a solution. Properly communicating the solution to the customer via phone and email.
- Managing & Maintaining our SaaS Databases
- Work within team circles on internal and external projects
- Planning, executing and testing the disaster recovery plan
- Linux Server administration, drive space and memory allocation
- Travel throughout Canada and the United States may be required (Under 5%)
How do you know if you will fit in? We are looking for enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, out-of-the-box thinking individuals who are out to change the world. We can teach you what you need to know about our products and customers, we really want exciting people with lots of potential who will bring their "all". Below are some qualifications and characteristics we are looking for:
- You are someone with an insatiable curiosity to learn. When something has always been done a certain way, you wonder why nobody has begun to do it differently
- You are someone who refuses to believe “no, we can’t do that” is an acceptable answer to a question, and inspire eye rolling from how much you ask the question “why not” of your colleagues
- People really like working with you. You are kind, social, humble, and want the best for others.
- You have no background, experience, or understanding whatsoever of the heavy equipment rental industry. Yes, you read that correctly. We are looking for people interested in doing things differently in this industry which we intend to rapidly change and improve
- Your past employment experiences have frustrated you about not being able to see the results of your work. You dream of directly contributing to the success of a great organization
- You think technology can help change the world – you read Techcrunch and/or VentureBeat, and have ambitions to perhaps start your own company some day
- You have an uncanny ability to influence people – without them knowing that you actually influenced them!
- You think automation is important – and seek out processes, systems and tools that enable better decision making with minimal re-work
- You usually don’t immediately know the answer to everything – but you are adept at using tools and seeking opinions to get the right answer
As you would expect, we offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, a positive work environment, and an opportunity to make an impact. Our office is located in Guelph, ON, Canada with locations in Brisbane Australia, Houston Texas and Ventura California.
Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com