Software Developer - Success Engineering
Are you passionate about solving complex issues? Do you have an appreciation for the customer experience? If you possess a strong software development background and want to create some wonderful customer experiences, then the Customer Success team at Tulip is right for you.
Our Success engineering team is involved with investigating issues, scoping out the best course of action for resolution, updating our codebase, and delivering our fixes to customers. Additionally, we handle implementing changes required by the customer to integrate the Tulip platform into their workflow.
Who you are:
The ideal person for this position enjoys being responsible for the ongoing success of our customers. You love going above and beyond working on a broad mandate that goes beyond a typical ticket based support role. We often have to move between supporting our different customer implementations, so you should be comfortable with switching gears and solving problems throughout our stack.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Debug complicated issues with within our core codebase, as well as the integrations that have been built for our customer implementations.
- Impact the direction of our product platform by communicating with customers, and with our internal product teams.
- Upgrade our customers to the latest version of Tulip, and resolve any issues between versions and customer APIs or data ingestion services.
- You will also scope and deliver enhanced functionality through change requests.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 coverage
What you have:
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ Experience delivering SaaS solutions.
- You have excellent written and vocal communication skills, and an ability to distil complex problems into easily understood concepts. You will be working with customers frequently to help them understand issues and provide solutions.
- A deep knowledge of web technologies and a programming language. We mainly use PHP, but your experience doesn’t need to be in a language you use. Common technologies such as PHP, MySQL, Nginx, Redis, Python would be the most compatible to what we’re working on.
- Knowledge of an RDBMS such as MySQL or SQL Server.
- Experience building and shipping iOS applications.
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our Communitech home in Kitchener
What we do:
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.