Senior Product Designer
As a key senior member of the Tulip Retail product design team, you will be responsible for driving the user experience and look and feel of the next set of Tulip Retail products and features. You will channel your passion and motivation to design user experience and UIs that make people fall in love with us. Your work will be showcased and used by some of the world’s top retailers such as Chanel and Saks Fifth Avenue. Additionally, through our partnership with Apple, you will get opportunities to collaborate with the Apple design team.
Who you are:
As a senior product designer on the team, you will advocate deep empathy for the user and will lead lean UX and design thinking activities. You have a passion for solving core user problems while owning all facets of design from user research, strategy, interaction to final UI execution. You will own the design of a set of strategic clients/products and will transform a retailer’s workforce with your UX solutions!
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Do primary user research when needed to validate use cases and user needs.
- Develop and iterative on user flows, wireframe, and mockups using tools like Sketch and InVision.
- Collaborate with product managers to understand user needs, pain points, and business goals.
- Propose best UX solutions and user flows.
- Create pixel-perfect designs and showcase them to stakeholders for reviews & feedback.
- Oversee implementation of the designs by working closely with the development team.
- Collaborate and mentor other designers on the team.
- Gather feedback from end users by conducting/participating in usability studies and user interviews.
- Keep up-to-date on mobile design trends, sharing leading practices with our teams and our clients.
- Show off a well-considered body of UX, service design and product strategy work.
- Help to build and improve Tulip UI library and interaction design patterns.
What you have:
- 5+ years of hands-on design experience
- Proven experience in designing Mobile iOS applications
- Ability to review and adhere to technical documents and brand guidelines, respectfully challenging when there's a better way
- Ability to be versatile and take both leading and supporting roles
- Extremely detail and process oriented
- The ability to write and present eloquently and communicate clearly
- Expert in Sketch and InVision
- Experience in retail (understand store associate tasks, priorities, and functions and how it links to business performance)
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Expertise with Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience in design animated and interactive user interfaces by using prototyping tools. (e.g.Adobe XD, Principle)
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our Communitech home in Kitchener
What we do:
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.