Senior DevOps Specialist
- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too. We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated DevOps Specialist to join our IT Operations and Infrastructure team. You will be working with a talented and highly skilled team developing, deploying and maintaining Dejero’s next generation, high-availability, reliable, and scalable cloud infrastructure using the latest technologies and tools. You bring a broad and deep DevOps knowledge and experience in cloud and infrastructure operations. You pride yourself on pushing the limits of technology. The ideal candidate is someone who worked as a Software Developer, Software QA or Infrastructure Test Engineer and has progressed into a DevOps role.
- Evolve and manage Dejero’s next generation cloud-based product infrastructure
- Champion DevOps operational excellence and best practices
- Own and maintain the high availability and fault tolerance of Dejero’s infrastructure
- Closely collaborate with development and QA teams to ensure reliability, availability, scalability, and security of the infrastructure and new software releases
- Provide Tier 2 level support. On-call participation required
- 7+ years’ experience in IT infrastructure operations and deployment in Linux/Unix environment
- 3+ years’ experience in DevOps and cloud deployment/management
- Advanced experience in networking and network administration
- Proficiency in Linux administration, virtualization technologies and high-availability, scalable cloud infrastructure
- Advanced experience with hypervisor-based and container-based virtualization technologies including VMware, Xen, Docker
- Advanced experience with relational and NoSQL clustered database administration and management in high-availability, fault-tolerant environments
- Prior experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) deployment, infrastructure configurations management, automation and orchestration tools including Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Strong experience in continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous delivery methodology and tools
- Prior experience with a wide variety of tools for infrastructure monitoring and data analysis
- Strong scripting experience with Bash, PowerShell, Python, or other languages
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Prior software development, software QA or release management experience is highly desired
- Prior experience with data recovery, backups and data replication technologies and best practices
- Prior experience with Azure, AWS, GCP, and IBM cloud platforms
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier-free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact People and Culture by email at email@example.com.