- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too! We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
We are currently seeking an Events Specialist looking for an exciting opportunity to join our Marketing Team. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications
This role will be responsible for coordinating and executing successful events that advance the recognition of Dejero and our brand. This role will primarily focus on the planning and execution of regional, partner, and sponsorship events across all markets; career events; and assisting in the coordination of the company’s major direct events. You will work with both the Content and Digital Marketing Managers to build event communication plans and will be the liaison between internal and external stakeholders and vendors. You will plan closely with the technology team for the technical setup and will be the liaison to various external stakeholders and vendors. You will also manage our equipment inventory, ensuring we can support all needs and manage budgets.
We are looking for someone who defines themselves as a hands-on, "get it done" event planner who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Your friends and colleagues would describe you as a planner who is detail-oriented, creative, and focused with an eagerness to learn and stay on budget. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, you will work closely with her and the rest of the marketing team, product management, sales, and People and Culture to support the company’s local and global events. Excellent communication and project management skills are essential, as is an aptitude for technology.
The successful candidate will be charged with learning how our technology works to aid in planning how to best showcase our products and solutions to prospects and customers.
- Create detailed plans for all events directly responsible for, including timelines, technology requirements, venues, vendors, staffing, and budgets.
- Coordinate and execute logistics including but not limited to event branding requirements, technical setup, accommodations, conference registration, staff and attendee communications, promotional material, print material, and shipping.
- Ensure budget requirements are defined, communicated, approved, managed and reconciled accurately.
- Solicit post-event feedback from stakeholders in an effort to improve on future events.
- Identify and assist in securing speaking opportunities for events.
- Assist in developing communication and promotional plan for each event.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in event management or marketing.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and are a master at multi-tasking with strong time-and project-management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and an eye for quality.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Open to direction and constructive feedback with a willingness to learn.
- You have excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- You are energetic, highly motivated, organized and a problem-solver.
- You can work independently and collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- You have a positive attitude, are friendly, and work well under multiple and changing priorities and deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier-free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact People and Culture by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.