Feasibility and Application Development Specialist
Position: Feasibility and Application Development Specialist
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Experience: 1-2 years of experience. New graduates welcome.
Education: College diploma or university degree in engineering, science, quality, food, or another applicable field.
About P&P Optica:
P&P Optica (PPO) is dedicated to improving the safety, quality, and efficiency of food production in North America through the development of its innovative Smart Imaging technologies. Our Smart Imaging products and systems incorporate PPO’s world-class expertise in spectroscopy and data analysis to push the boundaries of what is possible for real-time food product analysis. PPO is rapidly growing to meet these opportunities and we’re looking for talented individuals to join our team. At PPO we believe it’s important to enjoy and take pride in what we do. We strive to ensure a fun, friendly, and respectful work environment that continually offers new and interesting challenges and opportunities.
About the Position:
Feasibility studies are the foundation of all industrial applications of PPO technology. New opportunities must be explored to estimate the complexity, risk, and suitability of the technology to a specific product and application. The chosen candidate will take responsibility for the planning, implementation, and management of feasibility equipment and activities. They will contribute to the entire scope of feasibility from design of experiments to data collection, analysis, and documentation. The application development specialist will also have the opportunity to work with customers in their facilities to determine potential applications and solutions.
- Designing and executing feasibility studies to examine new applications.
- Presenting results, conclusions, and recommendations to decision-makers.
- Performing feasibility data analysis.
- Managing feasibility lab equipment and adapting as necessary over time.
- Collaborating with customers and partners to explore new applications and coordinate experiments.
- Documenting all aspects of feasibility studies and results.
Additional Tasks May Include:
- Managing co-op students to aid with the execution of feasibility studies.
- Supporting development and testing of Smart Imaging products and systems.
- Supporting on-site installation and commissioning of equipment at customers’ facilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
You want to work for a fast-paced, growing company that is helping its customers to be more successful through the use of innovative products and solutions. You want to be part of a team of motivated people like yourself who are eager to solve challenging problems and learn new skills. You have a positive attitude, care about doing things right, and are motivated by making a positive impact.
- Experience with design and execution of lab-based experiments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical documentation experience.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use statistical analysis on experimental data, and to draw conclusions based on the analysis.
- Desire to “own” the feasibility space and optimize this important part of the P&P Optica business.
- Food industry experience is a significant asset.
- Working knowledge of optics, instrumentation, or spectroscopy.
- Python programming experience
- Comfortable working with the LINUX operating system.