Why join Igloo:
Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations where employees can access the information, tools, and expertise they need to do their best work, from wherever they are. The Igloo platform provides a seamless work experience that brings together content and conversation for a more productive and engaged workforce.
Why this role is important:
This role is key to customers receiving a digital workplace that they love and are proud to show off. We need a self-starter who wants to take on visual design challenges.
- will bring your expertise in graphic design and user interface design to the design of digital workplaces
- support our Customer Experience department teams with your visual communication skills.
- use your expertise in branding and in user interface design to consult,and design motivating and delightful digital workplaces that will inspire employees to do their best work.
- play in both the world of graphic design, and the world of UI design.
Part of your role will be consulting with customers on the visual design of their digital workplace and to deliver high fidelity UI design (using Sketch App) to customers, that fit in our design quality standards and parameters, and our product vision. The other part will be working on internal design pieces and keeping department templates and customer enablement pieces up to date internally. Communicating and collaborating with customers as well as internal stakeholders without direct assistance is required.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will design how our customers configure their digital workplaces, impacting their overall first and lasting impression of our product through UI design.
- By collaborating with our product team, and being the voice of our customers, you will impact the product roadmap.
- Sharing best practices and recommendations through consulting our customers, you will impact their understanding on why design matters
- By maintaining positive customer relationships, you are impacting Igloo's reputation for outstanding professional services delivery.
- Contributing to improving processes, you will impact team efficiencies, customer experiences, and overall team satisfaction.
What you’ll need:
- Standard design competency skills are required proven through college diploma or university degree, a strong portfolio, and a minimum of 4-years related experiencein the field, with experience in digital design.
- A clean portfolio that is has digital design examples.
- A strong ability to execute quality, impressive user interface. An eye for detail, and the skills to quickly comprehend complex issues. A thorough understanding of User Interface design, design principles, wire-framing, photo enhancement, type-setting, and up-to-date in the latest User Interface and website design trends; Software UI design experience is a strong asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability or willingness to consult on design over the phone/video conference with customers without assistance.
- Some experience in both adhering to and contributing to evolving brand standards for customers.
- A passion for accessible and inclusive design.
- Able to execute work autonomously, with minimal step-by-step guidance.
- Skills to be a team player; accountable, collaborative, communicative, empathetic, productive, problem-solving, resourceful, thoughtful, innovative, focused, organized, quick learner, adaptive to a changing environment.
- An ability to collaborate with and talk high-level customers through designs and the reasoning behind them.
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- Experience working with developers and/or a basic understanding of html/css an asset
- Insight into information architecture and the wireframing process an asset
- User Experience Design knowledge and/or interest
- Experience using Sketch App
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suit (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign)
- Experience/knowledge of prototyping tools
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you’re evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice – there’s no such thing as a bad idea.
If you prefer digital design, this role is for you. We work in a steady-paced, agile environment, meaning that you will often be working on something new, or with a new customer brand.
Working on a team of collaborative designers, in a company with varying design teams, this role gives you exposure to senior design expertise in various specialties. If you like to learn, this environment is for you. The goal of the team is to be self-organizing, meaning that you take part in design critiques as much as anyone else, you will learn about scoping and time management of projects, communication and talking directly to the customers. The team helps each-other get through each day and week so that together, we all maintain a positive work-life balance.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software