OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText is looking for strong candidates to be part of a diverse team having responsibility for the ongoing management and expansion of their SAP suite of ERP applications. This is an opportunity to work on support and expansion projects on their SAP S4 and related SAP technologies.
The SAP FICO/Taxation Functional Analyst candidate will be responsible for providing SAP functional expertise within the Record to Report process area with specific focus on taxation and tax engines such as Vertex. The candidate must have worked on multiple-full SDLC implementations as part of a configuration team as well as have experience in a support role. This professional will be focused on ongoing improvement and expansion projects as well as production support and operations.
You are great at:
• Designing, configuring, and supporting the taxation setup in SAP including the integration to Vertex for both Sales and Use tax and related reporting.
• 3rd level support for SAP Tax and Vertex issues in the production systems
• Supporting internal customers in their definition of tax business process requirements
• Designing, configuration, and testing of solutions within the Finance and Controlling Modules and offerings from SAP
• Supporting in testing and migration activities
• Acting in an intermediary role to translate functional requirements to technical requirements
• Communicating to process teams the technical capabilities of the solution
• Writing detail Functional Specifications in order to translate the business requirements into functional design and oversee the development of the proposed solution
What it takes:
• Should have knowledge of taxation as part of an end to end implementation.
• Have experience configuring taxation in SAP as well as using an external tax engine
• Knowledge of the configuration required on the Vertex O Series or similar external tax system (i.e. Legal entity, Tax payers, Tax assist rules, Vertex Certificate management)
• Experience with Vertex O and the Vertex SAP Accelerator is a strong asset
• Should have knowledge of Integration between core SAP modules and the impacts on taxation
• Experience translating functional requirements into SAP design and configuration
• 7+ years of hands on experience with SAP and 10+ years IT experience
• Experience working in an environment where multiple non SAP applications are interfaced
• Should have good understanding of the business processes, ability to prioritize, organize, and accomplish multiple tasks, both as part of a team and independently
• Proven ability to write detail Functional Specifications in order to translate the business requirements into functional design and oversee the development of the proposed solution
• Experienced in at least 2 full lifecycle SAP implementations
• Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and equivalent experience
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.