- Rattlehub Digital
- Communitech Hub, Kitchener, Ontario
- Competitive salary & discretionary equity options
- 2018 Data Analyst
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 80,000 - 99,000
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Rattlehub Digital is a fin-tech company with its holding company based at Communitech in Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada. We have an operating subsidiary in Pretoria, South Africa where we originally started our journey. We are a MaRS backed venture and also a member of the Communitech Strategic Growth program. Our team of 12 are passionate and motivated to execute our purpose of enabling people to look after their next generations.
At Rattlehub, we believe in a world where people own and control their data, and connect with trusted partners, so they can make better decisions and protect themselves and their loved ones from unnecessary cost and risk.
We are looking for a dynamic data analyst to join our awesome team to interpret the data within our platform and analyze the results using statistical techniques around personal information and the behavioural intelligence we can gain from this. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight which will be used to guide business decisions.
- Report to the CTO.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
- Logical thinking, ability to effectively communicate with teammates and customers, strong refactoring skills and constant drive to follow the fast pace of change.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven work experience with queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc
- Strong collaborative problem solving skills.
What you can expect to do
- Be able to do gap analysis when it comes to data variance and explain and suggest solutions to the business.
- Worked well in development of test strategy, test plans, test cases and testing efforts(unit testing and integration testing of code and provide technical support to business.
- Take up ad-hoc analytics requests and identify data to accomplish task.
- Leverage technology infrastructure to improve and streamline reporting.
- Real purpose - you will wake up each day knowing you are positively contributing to someone’s life today!
- Small and incredibly talented team.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- An opportunity to participate in discretionary share incentive scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- An ongoing learning experience.
- An opportunity to be part of a Canadian fin-tech with international growth aspirations.
Working at Rattlehub
- Rattlehub values passion, integrity, respect, creativity, tenacity, and collaboration.
- Each of our team members have a voice!
- We encourage each other to try out new ideas and adopt the ones that work.
- We deeply value supporting a flexible work/life balance.
- We are an emerging company and our culture is a combination of what we individually and collectively value!
Email your resume, examples of your previous work and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes sent with a video will receive preferential consideration.