- Rattlehub Digital
- Communitech Hub, Kitchener, Ontario
- Competitive salary & discretionary equity options
- 2018 Data Scientist
- Job Function
- Research & Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 80,000 - 99,000
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Rattlehub Digital is a fintech company based at Communitech in Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada. We have an operating subsidiary in Pretoria, South Africa where we originally started our journey. We are a MaRS backed venture and also a member of the Communitech Strategic Growth program. Our team of 12 are passionate and motivated to execute our purpose of enabling people to look after their next generations.
At Rattlehub, we believe in a world where people own and control their data, and connect with trusted partners, so they can make better decisions and protect themselves and their loved ones from unnecessary cost and risk.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics.
We are looking for a dynamic data scientist to join our awesome team to utilize your statistical and programming skills to collect, analyze and interpret large data sets around personal information and the intelligence we can gain from this. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
- Report to the CTO.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- You’ll have good computer science fundamentals, meaning you’ve completed a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or something equivalent.
- You have logical thinking, ability to effectively communicate with teammates and customers, strong refactoring skills and constant drive to follow the fast pace of change.
- A passion for machine-learning and research.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc
- Strong collaborative problem solving skills.
What you can expect to do
- Presenting information using data visualization techniques.
- Preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Combine models through ensemble modelling.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
- Real purpose - you will wake up each day knowing you are positively contributing to someone’s life today!
- Small and incredibly talented team.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- An opportunity to participate in discretionary share incentive plan.
- Flexible working hours.
- An ongoing learning experience.
- An opportunity to be part of a Canadian fintech with international growth aspirations.
Working at Rattlehub
- Rattlehub values passion, integrity, respect, creativity, tenacity, and collaboration.
- Each of our team members has a voice!
- We encourage each other to try out new ideas and adopt the ones that work.
- We deeply value supporting a flexible work/life balance.
- We are an emerging company and our culture is a combination of what we individually and collectively value!
Email your resume, examples of your previous work and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role to email@example.com.
Resumes sent with a video will receive preferential consideration.