At Christie, we give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. The results can be amazing!
We keep raising the bar by consistently setting the standards and being first to market with some of the world’s most advanced projectors and complete system displays. Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world and offers careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
The Safety Analyst will work closely with and support the Product Safety Analyst and will be responsible to assist with conducting product safety analysis of Christie products in-house and to provide engineering with relevant knowledge to enable compliant design. This is a 1 year contract position.
Example of activities may include:
- Writing test procedures, maintenance of the safety lab, testing Christie products for safety and laser requirements
- Making lab operation efficient, manage time effectively and assist with any other urgent tasks
- Scheduling product testing, standards interpretation and report documentation
- Sample preparation, product construction analysis and test equipment operation
- Maintaining test equipment
- Designing, assembling and maintaining special test jigs
- Assisting with compliance training of other departments
- Detailed oriented and desire to learn product safety testing, standards interpretation, writing procedures and documenting reports
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of high voltage and optics is an asset
- Engineering Diploma or Degree or related discipline, electrical preferred
- Experience in an engineering or technical position is an asset
- Experience coordinating and managing 3rd party testing and regulatory agencies, an asset
- Hands-on experience with sample preparation, product construction analysis, test equipment operation and calibration
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical or complex information
- Candidate must be comfortable working with mains voltage under supervision.
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening. Christie engages a third party vendor to complete all background screening. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.