Senior Software Developer - GIS
PSD is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting. Our expertise is drawn from a team consisting of former municipal executives, senior managers, and technical specialists with decades of hands-on experience in the fields of corporate services, public works, asset management, and finance.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking two (2) full-time Senior Software Developers- GIS to join the software development team preferably within our London, ON office, and are open to qualified international candidates.
CityWide GIS is a versatile web-hosted solution for the public sector, supporting municipal asset management programs across the country. PSD is looking for Senior Software Developers, with experience working with both enterprise and open source GIS solutions, to contribute to the continued development of CityWide GIS. PSD's GIS solution can fully integrate with clients' existing GIS solutions, but is also a robust standalone GIS solution for public sector organizations. We're looking for capable Software Developers that can help further expand CityWide GIS functionality, providing municipalities with a user-friendly, tailored, enterprise-wide GIS solution.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Working in an Agile project delivery environment, develop and modify technology systems, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operational and monitoring needs.
- Analysis of business requirements, design and development of web applications that are integrated with other modules.
- Managing data integrity and quality assurance activities to ensure application stability.
- Working with other software developers to take product ideas from concept to release.
- Managing self-directed assignments to implement features and resolve software defects to meet schedule commitments with high-level of quality.
- Performs technical analysis, design and software development using appropriate technologies to support department and company objectives.
- Works with Business Analysts to define the functional and technical needs of a project and recommends solutions.
- Translates functional specifications into technical specifications to meet and resolve business needs.
- University or College degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related degree/diploma.
- Strong understanding of GIS (Commercial and OpenSource)
- Overall architecture and components
- When and how to use different protocols (i.e. WMS, WMTS, WFS)
- Python knowledge
- Knowledgeable with OGC standards
- Experience working with GIS OpenSource stack including: Geoserver/ QGIS Server, QGIS Desktop & plug-ins, Postgresql + Postgis, Openlayers
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Experience in design and development of scalable and secured web services that integrate with other technologies
- A solid commitment to quality software development
- Experience with source code repositories such as Git
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must
- Good verbal and written communications and knowledge transfer skills
Additional Skills/ Experience
- Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
- DevOps technologies (Docker, Ansible, Ranch)
- ETL products like FME client and Server to help client with data integration and automation
- Office work
Why work with us?
We are a globally oriented company with a passion for our local community. We value creativity, collaboration and critical thinking. Your personal growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We are growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow! Competitive compensation, RRSP and health benefits are parts of the full compensation package. Apply today and join our team!
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.