Mobile Application Developer - iOS & Android
PSD is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting. Our expertise is drawn from a team consisting of former municipal executives, senior managers, and technical specialists with decades of hands-on experience in the fields of corporate services, public works, asset management, and finance.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time Mobile Application Developer to join the product development team within our London, ON office or remotely for qualified candidates if needed.
Responsibilities & Duties
- While working within a cross-functional development team, you will be responsible for full life cycle development of our iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Analysis of business requirements, design and development of mobile applications that are integrated with other modules.
- Managing data integrity and quality assurance activities to ensure application stability.
- Working with other software developers to take product ideas from concept to release.
- Managing self-directed assignments to implement features and resolve software defects to meet schedule commitments with high-level of quality.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Direct working experience delivering product in a software development environment (minimum 3 years) and creating multiple mobile applications (2+ years).
- Experience with offline and cloud connected mobile application development.
- 2+ years of experience working with key technologies for the iOS platform (Exposure to the following frameworks: RxSwift, Swinject, Alamofire, Realm, CoreLocation, CoreMotion, MapKit and push notifications and UIKit)
- 2+ years of experience working with key technologies for the Android platform (Exposure to the following frameworks: RxAndroid, Retrofit, OKHttp, Realm, Butterknife, Timber, Google Maps, Firebase)
- Significant programming experience in either Java and/or Swift.
- Deep technical knowledge of design patterns such as MVC, MVP and MVVM.
- Experience using Fabric’s Crashlytics tool.
- Experience working on applications consuming JSON from RESTful services.
- Experience using source code control systems, such as Git, Stash, Subversion, or CVS and build/integration tools.
- Familiarity with dependency injection frameworks.
- Thorough understanding of Restful API’s.
- Experience in developing software using reactive programming.
- Experience with Realm database architecture.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (either Android, iOS) and an eye for detail to deliver user-centric applications.
- Experience distributing apps to the Apple App Store and navigating the Apple review process.
- Experience architecting mobile application code for end user delivery, white label delivery, and SDK delivery.
- Exposure to unit testing frameworks for both iOS and/or Android
- Knowledgeable with test driven development (TDD) and behavior driven development (BDD) and debugging.
- Comfortable with complex algorithms, OOP (object-oriented programming), enterprise design patterns, and mobile application performance and scalability.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Good verbal and written communications and knowledge transfer skills with a strong intuitive sense for good user experience.
- Office work which includes siting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
Why work with us?
We are a globally oriented company with a passion for our local community. We value creativity, collaboration and critical thinking. Your personal growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We are growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow! Competitive compensation, RRSP and health benefits are parts of the full compensation package. Apply today and join our team!
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply ,and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.