Under general supervision, design, implement, and maintain BI and analytics Solutions. Major responsibilities include data mapping, design, development, testing, technical documentation and ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of new and existing BI Solutions.
· Design, build and deploy integrated BI solutions (Dashboards, Standard Reports, ADHOC Self Service, Scorecards) using industry BI Tools like Microsoft BI, IFS BA/BI, SQL Server SSRS
· Analyze and integrate existing reporting (Access, Excel, other vendor tools) into the new BI tools
· Provide 2nd tier support to existing BI Solutions.
- Use expert knowledge and personal ingenuity to develop reports to designed specifications
- Work collaboratively with business, IT to analyze requirements, execute, and support BI and Reporting projects
- Support the team with analyzing business needs and determining appropriate data, report design, and processes to deliver relevant BI solutions that leverage best practices
· Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence
· Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Design and build data models to support self-service BI
- Act as primary ongoing owner for support of implemented reports and reporting tools. This includes implementing planned changes, as well as diagnosing and resolving all ad-hoc issues
- Support Data Warehouse enhancements and operations including table, view, stored procedure, and other changes. Performs query tuning and optimization
- Work with Business SME and Business/Systems Analysts to define reporting requirements and goals and to identify the data needed for meeting business requirements
- Develop and Maintain report blueprints documentation, data dictionary and related meta-data stores
- Follows change and version control in moving code from development to test/QA and to production environments
- Develops routines and procedures for end-users to facilitate best practices use of reporting tools and applications
- Assist Global BI Team members with the design and development of reports and usage of self-service BI tools
- Follows appropriate incident, problem, change management, and project processes as per Linamar Standers
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and implements new methods, standard processes, best practices, and techniques for developing BI Solutions
ACADEMIC / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A university degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, and Data Science or in another related discipline.
- Microsoft database certifications are recommended.
- Microsoft Power BI Services, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Reporting Server
- IFS Business Analytics/Business Intelligence, SQL Server SSRS / SSIS
- 3+ years of experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale reports and dashboards, Including:
o Working with users in a requirements analysis role
o Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations
o Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- Ability to work independently when designing, writing, testing or troubleshooting BI applications.
- Microsoft Power BI (2+ years)
- Microsoft Power Query (2+ years)
- M query language (2+ years)
- Data Modeling / Relationship building (5+ years)
- Tabular data models and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). Data transformations (measures, calculated columns, joins) (3+ years)
- Microsoft Excel (Intermediate Level) (5 years)
· Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
· Experience working with data warehouses and OLAP cubes
· Knowledge of data lakes would be considered an asset
· Knowledge of MS Excel, esp. pivot tables, Data Mining algorithms and techniques
· Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries required
· Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures
· Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
· Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of software development life cycle is preferred.