IT Support Technician
Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
Our I.T. team, in our Corporate Cambridge division is currently looking for a bright, ambitious I.T Support Technician who enjoys team work and on-going challenging projects.
Job Description Summary:
- Develop and maintain positive IT customer relationships while always striving to attain the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Provide onsite, remote and telephone support for computer hardware and telephone systems used at ATS. Technologies include desktops, laptops, printers, iphone, MS operating systems, MS office products, VPN client and other ATS standard client technologies.
- Escalate problems to “level 2” IT support groups and “level 3” vendors in a timely manner.
- Act as the secondary resource for performing security administration tasks (e.g. adding, disabling, changing, deleting) performed by the security administrator.
- Perform hardware / software planning, selection and procurement including upgrades and replacements.
- Assist in the setting, communicating and confirming compliance to enterprise-wide client technology standards (e.g. standard PC image)
- Oversee services provided by external service providers and work performed by suppliers as required.
- Lead, participate in or provide input to projects as assigned. Activities may include developing project proposals, preparing detailed project plans, developing budget estimates, preparing status reporting and assisting other team members.
- Maintain familiarity with IT industry trends and best practices.
- Maintain documentation covering all aspects of the client support function, including but not limited to the technology inventory, configuration standards, processing new hires, support procedures such as ordering new PC’s and toner, etc.
- Ensure proper registration of devices and licensing compliance
- Adhere to all corporate IT policies, practices and procedures as required. This includes information security, change control and other related policies.
- Ensure all system problems and requests are logged and tracked in accordance with problem management procedures.
- Participate in trend / root cause analysis and correction with a particular emphasis achieving a high first call resolution rate and continuous improvement in the area of reducing recurring problems.
- Provide backup support for the Network and Systems Administration areas as required and participate in resolving critical incidents and emergency changes.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct or corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide after-hour and weekend support as required, as part of an “on-call” rotation.
- Occasional travel to other ATS sites and training conferences as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline, or relevant work experience in the IT systems administration and operations field.
- Industry standard certification such as: CompTIA A+, Network+, MCSE or CCNA would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge in the area of client technology support (e.g. laptops / desktops, printers, Blackberry, VPN, MS Office)
- Advanced knowledge of technical management processes (e.g. change control, backup and recovery, security administration)
- Familiarity with systems administration, network, and operations disciplines
- Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot hardware and software problems, repair and build workstations
- Good customer service skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to track and prioritize multiple projects
- Working knowledge of project management best practices.
- Knowledge of key business processes and an understanding of the technical requirements for those key processes
Why join ATS?
- Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
- Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
- Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, every other Tuesday is “Treat Day”!
- Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
- Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
- Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
- And much more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
ATS Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.