- Power Takeoff
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 100,000 - 119,999
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Power TakeOff is a leading energy usage monitoring and efficiency consulting provider for large scale commercial and industry business.
About Power TakeOff
By capturing, storing and analyzing interval energy usage data using our cloud-based SaaS platform, Power TakeOff empowers businesses with the insight to better understand energy usage and drive continuous operational improvements that lower their utility costs. We build relationships with businesses through energy consultant partners and utility programming services, and help businesses and utilities reach their energy reduction goals.
Who we are seeking
We are seeking a senior Java Developer with experience in high-performing and highly usable enterprise-grade solutions. You should be full-stack-capable with an emphasis on back-end bench-strength, as well as experience and a desire for team leadership. In this role, you will take a senior and team-leadership position in the designing and implementing of a next-generation version of our current SaaS solution, providing guidance on technology and framework/pattern choices, and being supported by a small development team.
• Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software
• Develop and execute unit and integration tests
• Participate in (and contribute to) architecture and design discussions and decisions.
• Contribute to the estimating of designs and implementations
• Bring forth new ideas, approaches, technologies, and best practices
• Provide development team leadership.
• Clear communications skills, with ability to discuss architect, design, and implementation efficiently and clearly.
*. Leadership abilities and or experience preferred
*. Experience developing online web applications
• Experience with large volume data storage and analytics
• Experience with Web Services REST/WSDL/XML/JSON
• Sound knowledge of design patterns and frameworks.
• Some experience with JEE Server (such as WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat and JBOSS etc.)
• Ability to estimate task complexity and timeframe.
• Ability to anticipate technical issues and formulate remedial responses.
• Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an agile environment
• Some experience with development team or departmental leadership
• Ability to analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
• Some experience designing and developing with microservices
• Experience using continuous integration and delivery concepts and software (Jenkins, Selenium, Maven, JUnit, etc.)
• Sound knowledge of unit testing methodologies and frameworks (JUnit and mock objects)
• Experience developing complete high performance, scalable applications using above technology
• Experience with Linux