- AdHawk Microsystems
- Job Function
- Research & Development, QA
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
AdHawk Microsystems is changing the way that humans interact with computers by introducing microsystems that can detect eye movements and micro-gestures with unprecedented resolution, speed, and power efficiency. Our eye tracking sensors will transform the way people use Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) technology through foveated rendering, intuitive and seamless UI design, and enhanced immersion. In addition, our micro-gesture inputs to wearable devices will enable effortless interaction through applications like mid-air swipe keyboards for smart watches.
We are a fully funded startup with an experienced management team that believes in the ability of candidates to make a significant contribution to the future of human computer interaction (HCI). We believe in a flexible work environment with an emphasis on results and outcomes--not hours. Our team consists of researchers and engineers of the highest caliber with a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for the technology we develop. We publish award-winning research papers, fabricate custom silicon chips at leading foundries and push the boundaries of physics and manufacturing to develop products that create compelling value for our customers.
The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience with a number of new HCI peripherals built around a groundbreaking MEMS electro-optical sensor platform. You will be one of the first people to have an opportunity to redefine the way VR/AR technology is used. You will also have a chance to develop sensing hardware on wearable devices that leverage a new paradigm in gestural input technology. Our range of customers and collaborators includes renowned international corporations and research institutes from around the world.
Perks of working at AdHawk include: free lunches and snacks, table tennis with weekly coaching sessions, VR gaming, attendance of high impact conferences and tradeshows, traveling around the world to visit customers/vendors, and last but not least working in a former sushi restaurant location! We look forward to working with creative, enthusiastic individuals in an exciting startup environment!
In this role, you will work with a multi-disciplinary, energetic R&D team to commercialize ultra-compact opto-electro-mechanical sensors for next generation HCI applications. You will drive the quality assurance aspect of the product development effort. The role includes activities such as the design and execution of test plans to ensure that potential quality issues are detected early in the design stage, or properly screened during final product tests. You will periodically visit our suppliers across the globe to audit their manufacturing practices and make sure they align well with AdHawk’s quality standards. You will create and maintain AdHawk’s product quality standards and collect test results from production activities to ensure they exceed customers’ expectations.
- Create and maintain company-wide product quality standards based on customer requirements.
- Design strife test conditions and execute test plans to uncover potential quality issues during the product development cycle.
- Collect and analyze production test data to ensure a high standard of quality control at both the company and external vendors.
- Perform failure analysis on samples that have failed strife and qualification tests and identify root causes.
- Undergraduate Engineering or Physics Degree with 2+ years of related experience.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis concepts and methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of failure mechanisms in MEMS/semiconductor products and understanding of DFMEA, PFMEA, Cpk concepts.
- Proficient with at least one failure analysis technique such as SEM, TEM, CAM, X-ray, EDAX etc.
- Familiar with industry quality test standards such as JESD, AEC-Q100 etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior experience with MEMS based sensors and semiconductor devices.
- High volume consumer product development experience.
- Proficient with software such as JMP, Python, LabVIEW etc.
- Project management and supplier management experience is a plus.