- AdHawk Microsystems
- Job Function
- Product Management, Research & Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
AdHawk Microsystems is changing the way that humans interact with computers by introducing microsystems that can detect eye movements and micro-gestures with unprecedented resolution, speed, and power efficiency. Our eye tracking sensors will transform the way people use Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) technology through foveated rendering, intuitive and seamless UI design, and enhanced immersion. In addition, our micro-gesture inputs to wearable devices will enable effortless interaction through applications like mid-air swipe keyboards for smart watches.
We are a fully funded startup with an experienced management team that believes in the ability of candidates to make a significant contribution to the future of human computer interaction (HCI). We believe in a flexible work environment with an emphasis on results and outcomes--not hours. Our team consists of researchers and engineers of the highest caliber with a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for the technology we develop. We publish award-winning research papers, fabricate custom silicon chips at leading foundries and push the boundaries of physics and manufacturing to develop products that create compelling value for our customers.
The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience with a number of new HCI peripherals built around a groundbreaking MEMS electro-optical sensor platform. You will be one of the first people to have an opportunity to redefine the way VR/AR technology is used. You will also have a chance to develop sensing hardware on wearable devices that leverage a new paradigm in gestural input technology. Our range of customers and collaborators includes renowned international corporations and research institutes from around the world.
Perks of working at AdHawk include: free lunches and snacks, table tennis with weekly coaching sessions, VR gaming, attendance of high impact conferences and tradeshows, traveling around the world to visit customers/vendors, and last but not least working in a former sushi restaurant location! We look forward to working with creative, enthusiastic individuals in an exciting startup environment!
In this role, you will work with a multi-disciplinary, energetic R&D team to commercialize new products incorporating AdHawk’s ultra-compact opto-electro-mechanical sensors. You will have the opportunity to participate in the full cycle of product development, from concept design all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Projects can involve characterization of MEMS scanner modules and/or their components, test platform development a, d statistical data analysis. You will work closely with the internal R&D team and external overseas test service providers to develop test procedures and infrastructures and to execute production test plans to ensure smooth product transition from R&D stage to high volume manufacturing. Good collaboration and effective communication skills are a must for working with diverse teams spanning multiple locations around the world.
- Develop and execute test plans for wafer-level and module-level product characterization and test.
- Support and improve test setup, procedures and practice in terms of cost, speed and accuracy.
- Characterize and test product electrical, mechanical and optical functionalities.
- Collaborate with external test service providers to setup automatic test platform for high volume product testing.
- Undergraduate engineering or physics degree with 2+ years related experience
- Working knowledge of either MEMS, semiconductor devices or optical component characterization.
- Proficiency with semiconductor characterization equipment and test procedures.
- Experience with industrial test software development environment (Python, Vee, JMP, LabVIEW)
- A track record of meeting aggressive schedules under high pressure.
- Excellent presentation skills with good attention to detail, team player, flexible and open to a variety of assignments.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with high volume product test on MEMS based sensors or other semiconductor devices.
- Developed test software using Python, LabVIEW or Vee.
- Capable of developing mechanical test jigs to facilitate in-house test tasks.
- Experience with automatic instrument control using protocols such as GPIB.
- Demonstrated skill in DOE, SPC and data analysis.