- AdHawk Microsystems
- Job Function
- Engineering, Research & Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
AdHawk Microsystems is changing the way that humans interact with computers by introducing microsystems that can detect eye movements and micro-gestures with unprecedented resolution, speed, and power efficiency. Our eye tracking sensors will transform the way people use Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) technology through foveated rendering, intuitive and seamless UI design, and enhanced immersion. In addition, our micro-gesture inputs to wearable devices will enable effortless interaction through applications like mid-air swipe keyboards for smart watches.
We are a fully funded startup with an experienced management team that believes in the ability of candidates to make a significant contribution to the future of human computer interaction (HCI). We believe in a flexible work environment with an emphasis on results and outcomes--not hours. Our team consists of researchers and engineers of the highest caliber with a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for the technology we develop. We publish award-winning research papers, fabricate custom silicon chips at leading foundries and push the boundaries of physics and manufacturing to develop products that create compelling value for our customers.
The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience with a number of new HCI peripherals built around a groundbreaking MEMS electro-optical sensor platform. You will be one of the first people to have an opportunity to redefine the way VR/AR technology is used. You will also have a chance to develop sensing hardware on wearable devices that leverage a new paradigm in gestural input technology. Our range of customers and collaborators includes renowned international corporations and research institutes from around the world.
Perks of working at AdHawk include: free lunches and snacks, table tennis with weekly coaching sessions, VR gaming, attendance of high impact conferences and tradeshows, traveling around the world to visit customers/vendors, and last but not least working in a former sushi restaurant location! We look forward to working with creative, enthusiastic individuals in an exciting startup environment!
In this role, you will work with a multi-disciplinary, energetic R&D team to commercialize new products incorporating AdHawk’s ultra-compact opto-electro-mechanical sensors. You will have the opportunity to participate in the full cycle of product development, from concept design all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Projects can involve MEMS process development, device physics modeling and characterization, assembly process development, test development and statistical data analysis. You will be the interface between the internal R&D team and external overseas suppliers to ensure smooth product transition from R&D stage to high volume manufacturing. A broad range of skills and the ability to delve into specific technical areas while maintaining a high-level perspective on integration are critical factors to succeed in this position. Good collaboration skills are a must for working with diverse teams spanning multiple locations around the world.
- Ensure robust yield and quality on new products while driving aggressive product development time-to-market schedules.
- Coordinate product development effort internally and externally.
- Characterize product electrical, mechanical and optical functionalities and provide feedback on product performance and yield improvement.
- Define foundry process capability requirements for product needs, and select test procedures and product screening criteria to optimize the overall product cost.
- Perform yield analysis based on production test data and drive yield optimization.
- Work closely with marketing and sales teams to translate customer requirements into product specs.
- Undergraduate Engineering or Physics Degree with 2+ years related experience
- Basic knowledge of MEMS and/or electro-optical device physics.
- Proficiency with semiconductor characterization equipment and test procedures.
- Experience with industrial standard design software (Solidworks, Coventor, Zemax etc.)
- Effective communication and presentation skills with good attention to detail.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior product development experience on MEMS based sensors or other semiconductor devices.
- High volume consumer product development experience
- Proficiency with concepts such as DOE, FMEA, SPC etc.
- Experience with software such as JMP, Python, LabVIEW etc.
- Project management and supplier management experience is a plus.