SpeakFeel is a fast growing development house that is looking to expand the team with passionate team members. We are building solutions for some of the biggest brands in North America. Our future is bright with visions of blockchain and artificial intelligence technology! We need you, who is passionate about learning and contributing to our continued growth.
Our salaries are competitive and our environment is fun and fast-paced!
You are a Java Developer who is passionate about creating applications across multiple device platforms. You have an interest in the full stack including cloud services, database, API integration, front-end presentation, back-end management, and mobile applications (both iOS and Android). You also have the ability to work integrate these elements together.
You are someone who is well-organized, resourceful, flexible, has the ability to multitask, and has extraordinary attention to detail. You must have strong communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external resources. A willingness to take ownership and work independently under tight deadlines is a must.
Your ideal skill set includes:
- 4+ years professional development experience using Java in an enterprise environment
- jQuery, SASS, React, Angular, etc.)
- Working knowledge of JPA/Hibernate, Spring MVC REST, Velocity Templates, etc.
- Comfortable working in a command line environment (Unix Shell).
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud based server management and setup using Linux based
- Amazon Web Service
- Experience writing and maintaining automated tests.
- Strong understanding of fundamental object-oriented programming principles.
- Experience with cross-platform and cross-browser website testing.
- Familiar with front-end testing and debugging tools
- Familiar with Git, AWS and Jenkins
- Familiar with JIRA and Teamwork
- Familiar with MySQL or equivalent
- Comfortable working with version control (specifically Git).
- Self-starter with excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Desire to work on a small team.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Savvy, conceptual thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of web development standards.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, etc.).
- Familiar with MVC.
- Appreciation for statistical analysis and the power of data-driven decisions.
- Ability to formulate articulate opinions on product design and engineering issues with a focus in finding the most effective solution.
- A deep sense of product ownership.
It would be really great if you also had:
- Experience with at least one Native Mobile Development platform (iOS or Android).
- Advanced working knowledge of server administration and deployment.
- Contribution to open source projects (send us your Github account).
- Test Driven Development (TDD) experience.
- Agile based development experience.
- Knowledge of Blockchain Specifically Ethereum and HyperLedger as well as knowledge of DApps.
- Develop projects from start to finish: front-end, back-end, testing, deploymentetc.
- Estimate development efforts for potential and upcoming projects.
- Plan and propose technical approaches for potential and upcoming projects.
- Present technical proposals and in-progress work directly to clients.
- Mentor and inspire other team members.
- Providing systems analysis, problem solving support, and necessary development support to provide efficient and effective use of public web pages.
- Assisting in the development of project plans for major technical activities.