- Job Function
- Design & UX, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Web Application Developer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 3-5 Years relevant experience
Education: Bachelor Degree in related field
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research-solutions divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job:
The OTTO Motors branch of Clearpath is looking for a software developer/engineer to join the Product Application team.
In Product Applications, we are responsible for the design, development, and support of software applications that are created to allow customers to interact with, monitor and support their fleets of OTTO Autonomous Vehicles. This involves participation in the entire product workflow, from customer insight gathering, problem definition, solution proposals, application design, development, and support.
For this role, we are seeking an individual to join the product application development team to help us build and support industry defining applications for working with autonomous vehicles and fleets. You would be working closely with the other members of the development team, as well as many other groups within OTTO Motors, in order to provide awesome solutions to the problems our customers want to solve with their fleets of OTTO vehicles.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Implementing new web applications
- Supporting and maintaining existing OTTO Motors product applications, including adding new features, implementing design changes and resolving bugs.
- Supporting product management with technical product management tasks
- Investigating new technologies and products that will better allow us to provide top-tier solutions for our customers
You see the potential in intelligent robotics to change the world, and you want a career where you’ll get to make this happen personally. You want to work for a technology company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You like being the go-to person for technical questions. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Using web frameworks and tools such as React, Angular, webpack, npm/yarn
- Working directly with designers to implement pixel-perfect user interfaces
- Server-side development, implementing API's and supporting services
- Comfortable in a bash terminal on Unix based systems
- Implementing interfaces that must work on both desktop and mobile platforms
- Writing development documentation and using source control and build systems.
- Working in a collaborative environment, interfacing with other team members regularly, sharing knowledge via diagrams, discussion, and examples
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with ROS / Robotics Systems
- Writing installable mobile applications, using web or native technologies
- Implementing web-based mapping technologies
- C++ / Python experience
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.