- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Electromechanical Designer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 2+ years
Education: Certificate or higher with relevant experience
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job:
We are looking for a qualified electromechanical designer with 2+ years of experience to design and document harnesses and wiring for our expanding line of industrial robots. We use a mix of digital and hands-on design methods for our design and layout. The successful applicant must be able to work as part of a team and take responsibility for prioritizing and organizing their own tasks. They will take ownership of the quality of their work and collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure that a high-quality product results. A practical and positive approach to design and problem-solving is a must. Experience with automotive or industrial harnesses is a plus.
- Create and maintain parts in Vesys library
- Create and maintain system wiring schematics
- Connector and terminal selection
- Create and maintain wiring harness drawings
- Determine wire/harness routing in complex electro-mechanical products
- Work with suppliers to deliver a high-quality wiring products
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 and NFPA 79
- Knowledge of IEC 60204-1
- Knowledge of IPC-620
- Familiar with wire sizing and connector selection
- Understanding of component derating in electrical systems
- Understanding of basic circuit analysis
- Familiar with electro-mechanical components and their requirements in electrical systems
- Experience with wiring harness design with E-CAD preferably Mentor Graphics Vesys
- Expert at wire routing in M-CAD preferably Solid-Works
- Understanding of EMI and electrical shielding
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.